Playing Kill Team (40k) using Necromunda Rules

chris262

Dec 29, 2017
australia
Just wondering if anyone here has tried playing Kill Team but overlaid on Necromunda game rules.
Apologies in advance if there's existing work or posts on this, just haven't seen anything.
Not really talking about pitting gangers vs marines or carnifexes or anything like that.
My local crew keeps saying the word ''Kill Team" quite frequently, but (I especially) love the true alternating activations of Necromunda.
As a compromise i was wondering if the straight ol' stats from Kill Team might lend themselves to the Necromunda 'engine' as it were - as we play munda and find the rules fun.
If not then i guess it's something we'll probably try in due course.
Cheers all,

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

Jaws

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jul 23, 2013
Hamar, Norway
It's pretty simple to add alternating activations to any skirmish ruleset.
In my opinion it should scale well. The classic rules did in any case, when we tried this back in 5th or sixth edition. Basically turns it into Inquisimunda.
Otherwise, Kill Team: Heralds of Ruin are a good ruleset with a more fleshed out campaign system.

Fold

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 26, 2013
London E2
fromthewastes.com
I’m planning on testing the reverse - making the KT movement phase alternative activation (along with a couple of other changes to facilitate this).

I wrote about it in the 3rd post of this thread:

Reactions: chris262

chris262

Dec 29, 2017
australia
In my opinion it should scale well. The classic rules did in any case, when we tried this back in 5th or sixth edition. Basically turns it into Inquisimunda.
I've heard as much from a local old necromunda player here. definitely interested to see if the new version works as well. can't see why not.

chris262

Dec 29, 2017
australia
I’m planning on testing the reverse - making the KT movement phase alternative activation (along with a couple of other changes to facilitate this).
lots of interesting variation rules in there. have you had a chance to try many/all of these yet?