Necromunda Pre-Delaque/GW5/Compendium Release Ramblings

Discussion in 'Musings Of The Yak' started by Deckard_2049, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jlove

Jlove Ganger

Frag only. I'll leave the rest as a surprise for y'all! *drops mic
    LOL

2. MusingWarboss

MusingWarboss Gang Hero

*Picks up microphone. It gives off a horrible screeching feedback sound*

Ok, who broke this?? Go on. Own up... :cautious:

Malo, CaptainDangerous and Norngahl like this.
  3. Mothman

Mothman Juve

How to lose friends with delaque

995 points

leader
    meltagun
    infiltrate

champ
    meltagun
    infiltrate

champ
    meltagun
    infiltrate

+4x gangers with autoguns

First turn gang activate to insta gib 3 important people
    This gets more mean when you get the gambling den turf (tell his leader not to come to fight) and I heard they had a card that also lets them make an opponents model not turn up, so get rid of a champ. Then level up to just get fast shot and overseer on leader and you can end up removing 4-5 enemy gangers in first gang activation of every game unless they start buying carapace armour.

4. DerekDecker

DerekDecker Ganger

That look like poor man version of Demo Charge Infiltrate GSC/Venator, and GSC and Chaos Cult straight up making 2/3 shot obsolete because Familiar. You also need some of the card to boost consistency, like "Seize the Initiative" and workaround on random selection scenario (unless those got changed), and hoping your 4+ hit roll didn't miss.

5. almic85

almic85 Gang Hero

One use stimm slugs definitely make it harder for Goliath to get into combat.

I always found that a Goliath juve with a stimm slug stash was a good choice for them just to get someone into combat.

As for the Delaque build above I can tell you first hand that while it is fun having multiple infiltrators unless you play with heaps of tall LOS blocking scenery it can be hard to have a place close to the opponents models that is out of line of sight to make good use of melta guns.

I mean all you have to do to counter this at set up is spread some of your gang out in their deployment zone so you can see most of the board and the delaques will lose most of their set up options.

And if you do set up all bunched together and I get priority first turn I just need to lob a grenade or other blast marker in there and your three most important guys are all pinned, wounded or worse.

I say all this as someone who had a delaque gang with infiltrate leader and champion with melta gun last campaign.

6. cardyfreak

cardyfreak Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Supporter

Bad zone delta rules don’t seem to be in the compendium. Also, on the gang card example featuring ‘jelenna’, she’s got the skill ‘rallying shout’ which isn’t a skill now o_O
    The books are absolutely wonderful though.

7. kendoka

kendoka Juve
    Yak Funder

Lots of small good rules tweaks and clarifications.
    Stimms are once per game, chem-synth doesnt require an action (but a passed int check), bulging biceps allows you to use a unvieldy (two handed) weapon with ine hand but does not make unvieldy a single action, overseer is 6”, etc.

The layout is in places still black text on dark brown-grey background - which sucks for aging eyes in poor/atmospheric gaming light. This combined with *no index* makes it hard to look up rules when playing - even though the rules are organized way better now.

No index (how hard can it be?) means that if questions arise regarding if you become ”Engaged” if your charge is a bit short but you have a Versatile weapon (no, not as a free part of the charge move) or if you can use template pistols in CC (no, only pistols with the Sidearm trait) or finding any sort of info regarding fighter status: Hidden becomes a lenghty flipping through the books :(

#927 kendoka, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  8. Forward Assist

Yak Comp 2nd Place

Do you mind if I ask about if the psyker and bionics rules have been fleshed out well?

Space Truckin likes this.
  9. cardyfreak

I haven’t seen any bionics rules but the psyker rules are as was in gw4

Forward Assist likes this.
  10. Stoof

Stoof Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

Wasn't that never a skill? I remember playing with the card gangs a couple of times and neither me nor my opponent could find "rallying shout" in the Underhive book or GW1. We assumed it was just Rally.

cardyfreak likes this.
  11. cronevald

cronevald Ganger

Yes, there was always a discrepancy between the card and the rulebook skill. Assuming it was Rally was the safest bet.

12. TopsyKretts

TopsyKretts Gang Hero

All the skills from starter box and underhive rulebook was immediately replaced on day 1 by the Gang War system. The gangs too. And weapon stats. And trading post.And later scenarios.

Spenetrator and Space Truckin like this.
  13. Space Truckin

Space Truckin Gang Hero
    Yak Supporter

So what's the verdict on the new books?
    Can we finally sink the Sump?

Kitcar and TopsyKretts like this.
  14. Lyracian

Lyracian Ganger
    Honored Tribesman

Doubt my books will turn up until Monday.
    Question is “Twin Guns Blasing” Pistols or Sidearms? I want to know if my hand flamers models might need new arms!

TopsyKretts likes this.
  15. cardyfreak

They look excellent. Laid out well, loads of fluff and cool drawings, things seem to make sense from what I can tell, having them in your hands feels like you finally have the Necromunda we’ve been waiting for.
    @Forward Assist the bionics rules are the same as gw4 as far as I can tell, as are the psycher rules.

16. kendoka

kendoka Juve
    Yak Funder

Gunfighter/Twin Guns Blazing: Sidearm only - so FW hand flamer spam makes even less sense now :)

Chivers7 and Lyracian like this.
  17. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

Mine has been dispatched... eagerly awaiting it, likely mid next week, which is fine as I'm not going t ohave time to read it til then

CaptainDangerous likes this.
  18. TopsyKretts

TopsyKretts Gang Hero

The bionics rules was already fleshed out, a bit too much in my opinion. Doesn't really need two distinct categories for the least important repairs/injuries.

19. cronevald

cronevald Ganger

Do we know if they fixed the price of the Cawdor knife, or any of the other weapons that were more expensive on the house lists than the trading post?

20. Forward Assist

Yak Comp 2nd Place

Am I getting muddled when I say there was mention in GW of another tier of bionics in the future?

cardyfreak, TopsyKretts and Thorgor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice