N17 Printable Illustrated Custom Tactics Cards (DELAQUE incl.) Version 3.0 - Delaque

MTG-based Tactics cards (Gang-specific incl.) ready for printing

1. Xiądz

Xiądz Juve

Sure will do. They're as fun to make as they're useful ;) So as soon as the Delaque cards appear on the online PDF compilation, expect some goodness here :)

Azrael804 likes this.
  2. Xiądz

Xiądz Juve

Gentlemen, if you have any illustration suggestions for Delaque, now it's a good time to share :)

3. Karolis

Karolis New Member

This exactly what I was looking for. Any chance you could export a better quality PDF (less compression)?

4. Xiądz

Xiądz Juve

Glad you like it. If I remember correctly there was no compression applied. But I'll check it again when I'll be uploading the Delaque update :)

Petitioner's City, Karolis and Malo like this.
  5. Zenon

Zenon New Member

Cool idea and realization you had there!
    Maybe this can be one ;).
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/o04Kk

Xiądz likes this.
  6. Zenon

Zenon New Member

I found on reddit the text of the Delaque cards. I am eager to see you MTG style version now ;).

The special Delaque tactics:

• Dirt on You: Play at the start of the game, after both gangs have been deployed. Your gang has some information that is making the Leader of the enemy gang particularly twitchy. For the duration of the battle, your opponent's Leader suffers a -1 modifier to any Cool checks they must make. If your opponent's leader is not available for this battle, discard this card.

• Vanish: Play during any End phase, immediately after failing a Bottle test. Remove all friendly models from the board, even if they are Engaged in melee. The game then ends.

• Perfect Disguises: Play during the pre-battle sequence, during Step Five: Choose Crews. If the scenario uses the Random Selection (X) method for choosing crews, you may add D3 to the number shown in brackets.

• Over Here...: Play when an enemy model makes a Move (Simply) action. Instead of moving normally, the chosen enemy fighter moves D6" in a direction chosen by you, stopping if they come into contact with any terrain.

• Ghostly: Play this card when activating a figure. Tuck this card under the fighter's card. While it is there, all ranged attacks targeting this fighter suffer an additional -1 modifier to the hit roll. In each End phase, roll a D6. On a 1, the card is discarded.

• Labyrinth: Play at the start of the game, after both gangs have been deployed. You may immediately move D6 obstacles up to 3" in any direction. Alternatively, you may either add or remove D3 obstacles.

• Darkness Descends: Play at the start of any round other than the first, after rolling for Priority. At a pre-planned signal, the lights go out and the battlefield is plunged into darkness. For the remainder of the battle, the Pitch Black scenario rules are in effect. During each End phase, your opponent may roll a d6. On a 6, the Pitch Black rules are lifted and the lights come back on.

• Friend or Foe?: Play at the start of any round, after rolling for Priority. Choose one of your fighters. For the duration of the round, fighters on the enemy gang may not target this fighter with any attacks. Additionally, this fighter may move within 1" of enemy fighters, and vice versa. Should this fighter make any attacks targeting an enemy fighter, this card immediately expires.

• Faceless: Play at the start of any round, after rolling for Priority. Choose two of your fighters anywhere on the board. These fighters swap positions, even if they are Engaged in melee. Leaders, Champions, Brutes, Hired Guns, and Seriously Injured fighters may not be moved using this card.

• Eyes in the Dark: Play at the start of any round, after rolling for Priority. For the duration of the round, all friendly fighters are treated as having photo goggles. Friendly fighters already equipped with photo goggles may instead ignore cover when making a Shoot (Basic) action targeting a Standing and Active enemy fighter. Note that this does not apply if the action would be (Simple) or (Double) for any reason.

• Dancing Shadows: Play this card when an enemy fighter makes a ranged attack. The attacking enemy fighter must pass an Intelligence check. If they fail, the attack automatically misses and their activation ends.

• Assassins: Play instead of activating a fighter. For the remainder of this round, any ranged attacks made by a fighter that is outside of the target's vision arc gains +2 to hit.

Then the Gang tactics that came with the same pack.

• Forward Planning: Play at the start of the game, after both gangs have been deployed. Choose up to three fighters. These fighters may immediately make a free Move (Simple) action.

• Spiked Drinks: Play during the pre-battle sequence, during Step Five: Choose Crews. Nominate one fighter from your opponent's starting crew. For the duration of this battle, that fighter suffers -1 to their Ballistic Skill, Weapon Skill, and Intelligence, but gains +2 to their Cool.

• Hidden Blade: Play when a fighter makes a Fight (Basic) action. The fighter adds D3 to their Attacks characteristic for the duration of this action.

• Service Tunnels: Play when deploying your gang. One fighter chosen by you from your starting crew gains the Infiltrate skill for the duration of this battle and may be deployed accordingly.

• Opening Volley: Play at the start of the game, after both gangs have been deployed. Choose up to three fighters. These fighters may immediately make a free Shoot (Basic) action. Note that this does not apply if the action would be (Simple) or (Double) for any reason.

• Wrong Again: Play when one of your fighters is hit by a ranged attack. Choose any other friendly fighter within range and line of sight of the attacking model. This chosen fighter becomes the new target for the attack, which is resolved as normal.

• History of Violence: Play during the pre-battle sequence, during Step Five: Choose Crews. Nominate one fighter from your opponent's starting crew. That fighter is unwilling to face your gang in combat and so may not be selected f or this battle. Your opponent must immediately discard that fighter and select another, following the same crew selection method as already used.

• Disorienting Shadows: Play at the start of any round, after rolling for Priority. Nominate D3 fighters on the enemy gang. For the duration of this round, they suffer -1 to their Ballistic Skill and Movement characteristics.

Azrael804 and Thorgor like this.
  7. Xiądz

Xiądz Juve

Oooh, love it! Thanks! I'll start digging for illustrations as soon as I find some time :) If you have some fitting artworks, feel free to share them here!

Azrael804 likes this.
  8. Xiądz

Xiądz Juve

Gentlemen, I believe I found the reason for the pretty low quality of the prints:

http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/3144/high-resolution-images

Well, it seems the tool I've been using only allows you to download the card file in a shitty quality so it won't be used as a MTG counterfeit or something. Below you can see the difference in quality - the bad one is a downloaded file, the good one is a sceenshot from the browser.

[​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/a/ajvl6Le

The good news is it seems that each new card can be saved by a screenshot instead of manual saving and thus retain the good quality. I'll see what I can do when it comes to Delaque set (which, by the way, is in progress :) )
    The bad news is that the rest of the cards already made probably will not be redone, as it's basically doing 50% of the work again. I'll try to think of a solution, any ideas?

Maybe a screenshotting tool that only targets one element of the page (the .png) thus saving me from trimming the edges of every single card?

UPDATE:

No matter what I do I end up with a bad quality PNG :/ Maybe it has something to do with compression, as for a split second after opening a PNG file the quality is good and it then it gets bad. And I'm unable to put the good quality file in a presentation/PDF.

Any ideas? If this is the case it means I can give you the better quality of ALL THE CARDS.

If we solve this problem :)

#29 Xiądz, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Azrael804 likes this.
  9. Dmitrij

Dmitrij New Member

History of Violence card is SOO overpowered...

Olipekka likes this.
  10. Xiądz

Xiądz Juve

Yup. Easy way to single out enemy's Leader or a particularly nasty Champion before the game even begins... Probably going to get nerfed or in-house-nerfed... Good thing it's available to all the gangs.

Would be better if it only worked on Juves and Gangers, no Leaders/Champions.

11. Xiądz

Xiądz Juve

Xiądz updated Printable Illustrated Custom Tactics Cards (CAWDOR incl.) with a new update entry:

Delaque Cards Set

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Azrael804

Azrael804 New Member

thank you for your hard work :):)

Xiądz likes this.
  13. ah64pilot5

ah64pilot5 Juve
    Tribe Council

Stunning!!!

Xiądz likes this.
  14. pooeyes

pooeyes New Member

hi hi, great cards! it a pity there is no edge bleeding though, or black inbetween. my cards all have white stripes around the edge where the printer doent line it up right. do you know what i mean by bleeding?

Xiądz likes this.
  15. Xiądz

Xiądz Juve

I think so but I'm not sure. Bleeding seems to refer to backgrounds and the background here is white and there's some soace that should act as bleed area. I read about it but I'm not sure what you want exactly. The cards have to be printed without any scaling to fit the MTG sleeves. Could you show me the effect you get?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice