spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
yeah, get youself up to 10 posts (and juve status to boot!) and then you get a lot more rights for the forum, including an avatar pic :)

May 17, 2018
Coventry, UK
Well I don't mind being shameless, at least in this! Getting me to read through more threads and reply to them seems good...I don't think I will have offended anyone in doing it :p... At least I hope not!

By the way, I'm new into N17 (played Necromunda as a kid a bit) - I haven't found a "introduce yourself" thread...I'm just getting use to the forums. But yea, it seems you have a great community here!

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
There's a thread 'the real you' (or something like that) which is the closest we have to introductions.

One other thing is that you need (I think) ten posts for certain 'privileges' but they're not unlocked immediately - the system only updates periodically, so you may have to wait a bit after hitting the post count.

May 17, 2018
Coventry, UK
Haha - you will never guess it... Ahem!

Turns out without privileges you cant upload photos... so I might just hang back n introducing myself... as yea - you'll just get a bunch of information you could already diving from my profile. hopefully I will get something down tomorrow if I can ad a pic of my by then!

Edit - it seems I have just become a Juve - I should go have another try!

Reactions: spafe

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
I think it would be useful to pin this thread as it is so often asked about. It took me ages to pluck up the courage to ask about it, after looking for the answer to no avail.

Reactions: Nokuz and spafe

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Good call! I'll pin it now. @Malo can always unpin if he wants to reduce the amount of pins in his forge.

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Another option I've seen on other forums is one pinned thread for Yak instructions/FAQs that then contains links to other threads (profile pictures, uploading photos, editing posts, whatever else). That would keep the number of pinned threads down.

Reactions: Malo

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Another option I've seen on other forums is one pinned thread for Yak instructions/FAQs that then contains links to other threads (profile pictures, uploading photos, editing posts, whatever else). That would keep the number of pinned threads down.
I'm thinking I'll expand the built-in help system and link to it with a thread as you suggested.
https://yaktribe.games/community/help/