Project codename GoMoCry

dabbk

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Nov 26, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Hey all!
I have been working on a project to mash warcry, speed freeks, gaslands, ... and make some sort of a new gorkamorka.

I posted some stuff on my plog:

But I think I should open a separate thread somewhere... now, the question is: where? Would right here be ok? This is not gorkamorka, but... it is quite close.

Now as I mentioned in my plog, Im too shy yet to publish the whole work in progress, but would happily get you into the small whatsapp discussion group dedicated to this project:)

Reactions: MedMos

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
Colour me interested. But no idea what to suggest for where.

Did Speed freak include interesting mechanics worth pinching? Sadly haven't played my copy yet. And suspect many bought it for vehicles rather than rules.

Still to try gaslands, both groups I'm in that might offer an intro aren't meeting atm.

Reactions: Aulenback

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
I still haven't decided whether to build the cars as is for Orks & Speed creek game rules or more likely as wheels for Goliath and Escher.

The Boomblasta going to the Goliath and the Dragsta to the Escher.

Plan was to replace the saw blades on front of the Dragsta with protruding oil drum and pipes. Need to also replace the shockjump bit at back as its too recognizable. Also replace glyphs. And paint it purple. Reckon its sleek enough to suit the girls.

Hadn't decided whether the Boomblasta is good to go for Goliath or needs much modding.

Nah. Gang conversions it is. Now all I need is someone to knock some homebrew rules up and it'd give me the impetus to get started on them...

:unsure:;)

Reactions: Ardavion

dabbk

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Nov 26, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Cool suggestions! For me, the speed freeks rules are interesting, in that they're what, 10 pages long, max? I like that. The movement with templates I find interesting... it creates a specific gameplay! Then, in speedfreeks it is a bit boring/superficial... but there's something there nonetheless.

My main concerns are: not enough profiles, no pedestrians.

Gaslands is a bit better for the actual vehicles mechanisms, but... wrong scale. 15mm is a cool scale for pure vehicles, but most models I build are at 28mm... and gaslands at 28mm could work, buuuut that's not it was designed for. Also a huge issue: still no pedestrians.

Anyway, I think the ruleset I'm trying to do now is what I was dreaming Speed Freeks would have been...

My document v0.2 had about 45 pages of rules. My wife said "that's well structured, but wayyyy too long". I played a testgame with myself, improvising a few profiles and taking notes... and came up with a v0.3 that has now 9 pages, and zero details or "work in progress" sections. Only purely what you need to test the core rules.

That version is still a bit too rough to share widely, but... I think I'll get that to a decent alpha stage in not so long! Alpha for me means: I will post it here, and let you guys have a look ;)

Reactions: Unslain and MedMos

dabbk

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Nov 26, 2016
Berlin, Germany
A bit of a picture dump, and mostly unpainted minis... duh. But yeah, a few key moments from today's first playtest session solo, it was messy but a LOT of fun! I adjusted quite a few things while doing them... but Im really happy with what it feels like already! I'm eager to adjust and refine it further, and add more profiles!

Stay tuned... :)

dabbk

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Nov 26, 2016
Berlin, Germany
v0.3.1 has grown to 15pages: fighters and vehicles cards added, trajectory templates, bases (for wrecks and for friends who dont have vehicles at home to test).

It is quite a rough draft overall, and probably super compact, BUT it should be "complete" enough for some tests with other people! I'll if I can do something locally soon ;)

Reactions: Unslain and Orngog

dabbk

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Nov 26, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Nope, not yet... I'm too shy to publish it :p Maybe I'll add it to the vault at some point, but I want to iron out some issues with what I have first :)