Drag to reposition cover

ORB Project Log: Pit Slave Gang; Bile's Halloween; and Brotherhood Miners

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Also, we should cobble together some ORB rules for the Jotunn Servitor Ogryn:
https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2019/01/40k-necromunda-jotunn-rules-previews.html
which also looks vaguely similar to the Ambot, stats-wise, but with the ability to exchange a close combat fist for a flamer-equivalent, and a knockback melee weapon. Actually, it would fit in with the ORB pit slave gang pretty well there. And the official models are viably interesting [though build-your-own is as tempting as ever].

Edit: And their skill lists, since unlike Ambots, they can gain experience: "They have Brawn as Primary and Secondary are Combat and Ferocity ."

Last edited:
Reactions: Draconic

Digitarii

Juve
Dec 15, 2018
Las Vegas
I've been working on my own JSO for a few weeks. Body, head and fist options are completed, but I haven't found any armor that seems suitable as yet and I want more technogribblies to add to the model, so nowhere near complete for me as yet.

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
I've been working on my own JSO for a few weeks. Body, head and fist options are completed, but I haven't found any armor that seems suitable as yet and I want more technogribblies to add to the model, so nowhere near complete for me as yet.
Hmm. If working from an ogre as the base model, a lot of the ork armour plates and gewgaws should fit.... Hmm.

Last edited:

Digitarii

Juve
Dec 15, 2018
Las Vegas
I started with one of the new Ogryn Models and used the Fists from the Adeptus Mechanicus Kastelan Robots for the Augmetic fists. I used the gun hand for one of the Katelan's and trimmed the magazine and barrel off and added some greeblies to build an arc welder fist.

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
So you're not going to explain what you were referring to then @Aulenback ?
The Glorious People’s Revolution of Treacle Mine Road.

“They did the job they didn’t have to do, and they died doing it, and you can’t give them anything. Do you understand? They fought for those who’d been abandoned, they fought for one another, and they were betrayed. Men like them always are.”

For truth, justice, freedom, reasonably priced love, and a hard-boiled egg.

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
I definitely don't live in the future - I can't get that website to do anything! (your link took me to a blank page, and banging two rocks together and shouting at it didn't help, so I am out of ideas.)

Okay, you must have just edited the previous post and linked to a different site (that one works - thanks!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aulenback

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Also, we should cobble together some ORB rules for the Jotunn Servitor Ogryn:
https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2019/01/40k-necromunda-jotunn-rules-previews.html
which also looks vaguely similar to the Ambot, stats-wise, but with the ability to exchange a close combat fist for a flamer-equivalent, and a knockback melee weapon. Actually, it would fit in with the ORB pit slave gang pretty well there. And the official models are viably interesting [though build-your-own is as tempting as ever].

Edit: And their skill lists, since unlike Ambots, they can gain experience: "They have Brawn as Primary and Secondary are Combat and Ferocity ."
So, while I am building a squat Pit Slave to add to the Treacle Mine Seven crew, here is a first look at importing the Jotunn Servitor-Ogryn to ORB rules.

Remember that under ORB, the hire fee for a Hired Gun is paid before their first game, and after every game including the first. As such, they get expensive over the long haul. The Jotunn is obviously here modeled closely on the original ORB Ogryn Bodyguard Hired Gun, found at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1olZ3ufohXOcd-pdEDzp1UYt-EAJXk3bF for those unfamiliar.

"Jotunn" Servitor Orgyn Hired Gun
Hire fee 50 credits base. A gang may only have 1 Jotunn Servitor-Ogryn. For the purposes ofworking out gang rating an Ogryn has a value of 25O (ie, his hire fee of 50x5).

M 5 WS 3 BS 2 S 5 T 5 W 3 I 3 A 1 Ld 7

Special Rules:

Fear. A Jotunn Servitor-Ogryn causes fear in any sane gangers, and most insane gangers. Ogryn are exceptionally fierce creatures that can rip arms from sockets and crush skulls with a single blow, even without cybernetic modification. To represent this. Jotunn Servitor-Ogryns cause fear as described on page 34 of the Necromunda rule book.

Loyalty: Ogryns are loyal, and servitors are ... not bright. During a game a Servitor-Ogryn must remain within 12" of your gang leader, who counts as his owner or handler; he just can't let his owner out of his sight. If he is not within 12" the Ogryn will move as fast as he can to get backwithin 12". If the Ogryn is in close combat, finish the close combat first, but as soon as he has no opponents the Ogryn will set off in search of its handler.

Headbutt: The Jotunn Servitor Ogryn has the Muscle skill Head Butt, representing the various massive elbows, knees, and yes skull, with bludgeoning-suitable armour plates.

Weapons and armement: Jotunn Servitor-Ogryns are armed with the following:
- Two (2) Augmentic fists.

For an extra 30 credits to the Hire Fee, a Jotunn Servitor-Ogryn can replace one of its augmentic fists with an arc welder.

Augmentic Fist: Range melee, S user+1, Save mod -3*, Damage 2, Knockback (see Shotgun rules on p50 of the main rulebook; a target making an Initiative check to avoid falling over an edge sue to a hit with an Augmentic Fist counts Initiative with a -1 penalty for each wounding hit from an Augmentic Fist in that round of combat).

Arc Welder: Range melee, S user+2, Save mod -4*, Damage 3, Hot shot (see Shotgun rules on p50 of the main rulebook; a target that is hit by an arc welder but does not go down or out of action may be set on fire in the same way as a target hit by a flamer, see the rules for catching fire in the flamer weapon description).

* based on resulting user strength.

A Jotunn Servitor-Ogryn already has a couple of advances built into its profile in comparison with an Ogryn Bodyguard, as well as a skill advance, which seems to roughly match the Ogryn Bodyguard's three rolled advances. The additional hire fee cost weapon is roughly equivalent to the Ripper Gun in cost, though it gives absolutely no ranged capability, unlike the Ripper Gun; instead it makes the Jotunn even more brutal in melee. Getting it to melee is still the challenge.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
A quick look at an in-progress slave ganger, my second abhuman in the group [both stunties]. I think I want to also convert up a beastman to add to the Union.

88K_W57RKg7lwXmkcv8JsUIWWc&_nc_ht=scontent.fyaw1-1.jpg

v7Rdo51SWiJrSCCWvsqprsQdQQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fyaw1-1.jpg

I am debating adding a green, glowing chunk of rock [Mordheim homage] into the grip of the claw, or to just leave it in the "mwahahahaha I will CRUSH them" pose, which is to say empty. Thoughts?

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia
I love the I will crush them pose!!! Now I want to look for a claw suitable for the honor!

1 comments

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Well, this one is a first/second edition ork power fist, from when the first plastic Space Orks came out. It has been the power fist for a few models over the years, but now it is mine! MINE! MWAHAHA! They laughed at me at Brotherhood Miners' College, but who has the last laugh NOW?

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
And for both Blackstone Fortress and Necromunda:

Work in progress: cheap and simple basing.
For basing these guys, I printed a colour scan of one of the map tiles onto sticker paper, and then with mod podge for reinforcement, glued the sticker paper to the surface of the bases.
Seen here is the basing after first being cut free from the sheet. After this point, the edges of the paper will be cleaned up and painted black with the sides of the bases.
Then the tabs will be lightly painted to match the surrounding base.
BSF-themed basing, without breaking the bank or requiring incredible skill with tiny brushwork and razor-straight lines.
Additional detritus also to be added, but not necessary for the simple-but-effective basing.

AQaF9AJyAm0pfbmb-Kzhi7uS24&_nc_ht=scontent.fyaw1-1.jpg

^ Images printed, mod-podged onto the bases, and rough-cut to quickly fit.

rA7NZ3uJp5xhDt-Ahlrljpnv74&_nc_ht=scontent.fyaw1-1.jpg

^ Paper better trimmed, and edged in black. some detritus added, but not yet painted.

Nvq8_fyUEdudy9FQp4vADWsBiI&_nc_ht=scontent.fyaw1-1.jpg

^ Sand will be painted a mix of greys, blues, and purples blended. Other detritus painted as appropriate to suit.

x67jl3AeMj58HkzfYUJOT67Y2A&_nc_ht=scontent.fyaw1-1.jpg

^ The effect is very obviously simply done up close, but surprisingly effective on the board at a three-foot viewing distance. And given the cost of printing a single colour heet of the scanned image, very, very cost effective.

JF0zWKCXjP_FJaM_4eBWQfEEU8&_nc_ht=scontent.fyaw1-1.jpg

^ The technique can also be used for Necromunda, of course. Here, see used [though not yet trimmed and no detritus added] a sheet of hazard stripes, and a sheet of a scan of the original Outlanders card terrain.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
So here it is, my wife's excellent find, for an excellent price.

-t15aMeIgJhN25nrvm_vjkTfaY&_nc_ht=scontent.fyaw1-1.jpg

vwdQaQTVE8BMF9n5r1T3wwCvbI&_nc_ht=scontent.fyaw1-1.jpg

qltw1d3QHo6WaBLPcaukP4THuM&_nc_ht=scontent.fyaw1-1.jpg

^ Yes, all card and all bulkheads all there. And the card is in excellent shape, less worn than my own, hardly showing 24 years of wear.

huqoqQzBJ-oUAGO72qBHEGTycU&_nc_ht=scontent.fyaw1-1.jpg

^ Spare copies of the core rulebooks.

3Jx993sI0Uo1W21xjYMqGnSvJA&_nc_ht=scontent.fyaw1-1.jpg

^ A suite of Spyrers to repaint, and expand my own small team. His old gang rosters are till in the box, so I am tempted to leave one of the Spyrers in his paint job [not yet decided which one], and keep its name and experience, as a "re-hire" under the Spyrers rules, just to maintain that 1995 legacy.