ORB Punktaku's Parade Of Peoples (old minis)

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
So i had the realization that i've dumped tons of photos in my galleries and the vast majority are of minis. But almost all of my threads are terrain or fluff related. So I figured maybe i should start a minis thread. I'll be starting with the stuff in my Gallery since i haven't actually painted a mini in about three years. Hopefully I'll get around to being able to include WIP and new projects, as there are a few i have in mind for the N17 models. (And I won't be adding any more Yaklings to my horde)

Hopefully this will inspire others to share their minis, even if they think they're not not "good enough" based on what some of the Tribe have been posting. By that i mean this: some Yakkers post pics of projects that make me want to burn my brushes and dump my paints. There is some incredible talent on here. This thread is for the rest of us. Share away my brethren!

One thing i did learn while considering this thread is this: It can be a real pain hunting down photos in a big Gallery. It's much easier to share as you add the photos than do it this way. Ah, well. I'm new to this type of thing anyway, and I'm a Grognard so maybe there's an easier way to do it.

Because of the way the photo link works, it's actually easier to start at the end than the beginning, so I'm already a liar because i'm starting this with some WIP. These are the last minis I painted, most are finished but need bases. Two need finishing. They've been in this state since before my last move, so it's actually been more than 3 years since i last touched paint to a mini. These are Hasselfree Grymn minis. I love this range, much more than GW's Squats. The idea is that they've banded together later in life, so their gear is all different based on their former careers. The ice blue accent colors are what band them together as a gang.

The Leader

The heavy (with grenade launcher)

The Sniper WIP

The Gunslingers

Close Combat (pistol)

Ranged Gangers (counts as autoguns) first is WIP

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I could, but nah. they're their own space race. the leader just happens to be female. she isn't really that young, she's just sculpted that way. :D

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Next up is... KB1 (Kit Bash 1). I had pretty much given up on ever playing WFB at this point, and had a bunch of Empire models sitting around. I pondered selling them off, but decided to turn them into a Necromunda gang instead. By their finery, i was imagining them as a more up-hive type gang. Not necessarily Brats, but that could work as well. Their gang color is green, and their ranks are shown by their fancy hats. Juvies cannot wear hats, only gangers. And as they move up in the gang, they add feathers. That's purely for fluff, and not WYSIWYG.

The leader. He's got the most feathers, so that's why. The plasma pistol is from a space marine set. I didn't feel like attempting to remove the hand, so he's either got a bionic replacement or is wearing a gauntlet.

The lieutenant or a gang champion type. That's an old Eldar las pistol he's carrying.

The close combat monster. Twin chain swords and twin bionic arms because he wasn't undefeated on his way to becoming a close combat monster?

Heavies. The first is a Tau weapon. Considering it has what looks like an igniter, i'm guessing some type of heavy flamer. He's missing his auspex (bio-scanner). The second is a straight up flamer.

Ranged gangers. Their back up weapons aren't very spectaular. A knife, a club (i believe it's really a grenade?) and a chunk of pipe.

edit: @spafe they have hats! fancy ones

Last edited:

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Close combat gangers. A variety of las pistols (the first two), and eldar power glove as a fancy power glove, a strange double bladed weapon, and the gunslinger.

Juvies (men without hats?)These are mostly catachan jungle fighter heads.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I'm gonna try this one on the new (to me) tablet. next up would be KB2 (kitbash two). These were made up of the Free Company/Mordheim empire figures. I was more interested in the Skaven warbands, so these went unused until I figured out I wouldn't be playing Mordheim at all. So I turned them into another gang for Necromunda. Maybe they could count as hivers? I didn't really have much of a direction when I made them.
The leader (I guess) based off a spare Orlock.
The Heavies
Gangers (no really obvious juvies)

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Yeah, I'm aware of the sacrilege of the square bases, but they were partially built for use with mordheim.... Which may be obvious with this first ganger.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
oh, for what it's worth, this wasn't any easier with the tablet...

and I really don't know why I went with green as the predominant gang color... especially since KB1 (fancy hats) had green as their color...

Last edited:

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
sadly they've never seen a game...I've been more of a hobbyist than a gamer for many years. which is why some of the models have no use, they're just for fun (like the guy with the Tau gear)

Reactions: maxwellrpower

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
You know what? I may have meant for KB 2 to be two different gangs... one with the orlock bodies (and round bases) and one of former Mordheim figures with the square bases... but I'm fairly sure it was over a decade ago that I made them, so.... who knows?

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Next up is the Renegades, who have a big red R as their gang symbol. (Although typing that, i thought "how typical" so maybe I'll call them the Rejects...) I started making these guys when I decided to give up on making an IG force for 40k. They're pretty much just Catachan Jungle fighters with a few tweeks. The main force uses brown gear, and i figured i'd give them some variety by allowing in members of other guard forces. So that's where the jungle greens come in. As a gang (more like a para-military force) they get new members wherever they can and scavenge lots of gear, so that allowed me to make some unusual weapon or wargear choices. If i possessed a guard model they pretty much became a member of this gang. (Other guard models are in my Orlock gang, but they were picked up for that purpose.)

The leader. This guy still possesses some of the armor that marked him as a leader in the guard. The dominant color is the old Snakebite leather with darker brown borders and Bleached Bone insignia.

The heavies. The first guy up i consider a Fail for a conversion. I think it looks ridiculous. That's an Ork Shoota hacked and badly spliced onto a hacked up meltagun. I think the idea was to make a heavy stubber or heavy bolter. Maybe I'll revisit him someday...
Plasma gunner with a head swap (maybe he's from Fenris) and a gang tattoo on the right shoulder.
I hacked up the meltagun above because i had two of this model. Added a shoulder pad in original unit colors.
I scored a package of heavy flamers, one went to my Orlocks, and the other is here.
There's no rules for this heavy's weapon, but i had one so it made it in. Maybe a big honking grenade launcher?
Straight up catachan with missile launcher.

Snipers. Because I had purchased a blister pack of, well, snipers...

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I meant to include this guy above, but forgot. Every gang seems to need someone armed with a flamer, so here he is.
. Close Combat gang fighters.
It may be a cop-out, but marine arms make good bionic replacements. The club is a chaos marauder's drum stick.
Pistol and close combat weapon combos.
This ganger's bionic arm is a Battletech piece.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Sometimes you can't find high tech weapons, so old school is the way to go. Scroungers can't be choosers.
Silent but deadly and low-tech!
One-arm here lost his marine bionic. Needs more glue.
This gang seems to lose a lot of arms.
Standard Gang fighters.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Xenos tech works in a pinch too.
I believe that's an eldar guardian gunsight or scanner and a tau piece on this coms trooper.
All kitted up.
More normal gangers.

Greenthumb

Ganger
Jan 28, 2018
Manchester
Looking at your thread sir I do believe you to be the one true king of the hats in the underhive movement. That I thought I may have started but it appears I am a mear novice and bow to the one true king of ridiculous headwear.
*bows accordingly to his greater. :notworthy:

Great collection of crazy kitbashes that I may well steal a hat related idea or 9 from. (y)

Reactions: Punktaku