Questions about trading posts

Lord Gizmo

Juve
Dec 10, 2017
earth
Ok so these are probably really obvious but I want to get it correct for the turf war we are running at my club. Been running a little while and just wanted to clarify a few points and the sages on yak seem to be able to unpick most rules. So here we go

1)When trading it says you hire a fighter. Does that mean that you send your leader and they can only hire one person per action or as many as you like?

2) do juves earn or go to the trading post like champ and leaders or do they act like gangers??

I'm sure these are easy enough but my flu riddled brain is finding the English language and gw rules routo to get clear meaning.

Your help will be much appreciated

LG

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
Individual fighters do not visit the Trading post, the gang as a whole does. Even if your leader and all your champions are in recovery or dead you can:
  • purchase as many common items from the Trading post as you can afford
  • purchase as many items from your House list as you can afford
  • sell any amount of equipment from your Stash
  • hire as many new fighters as you can afford
  • recruit as many hanger-ons as you can afford (and your reputation allows)
  • roll once to determine the availability of rare items (only useful if you can actually purchase rare items, see below)
On top of that, for each Trade action made by a champion (or leader) you can:
  • add 1 (or 2) to the rarity roll
  • purchase one rare item whose rarity is equal or lower to the result of the rarity roll
Not that juves cannot make post-battle actions and that the Savvy trader and Connected skills are therefore useless for them (until they graduate to champion status)

enyoss

Gang Hero
Jul 19, 2015
SL
Individual fighters do not visit the Trading post, the gang as a whole does. Even if your leader and all your champions are in recovery or dead you can:
  • purchase as many common items from the Trading post as you can afford
  • purchase as many items from your House list as you can afford
  • sell any amount of equipment from your Stash
  • hire as many new fighters as you can afford
  • recruit as many hanger-ons as you can afford (and your reputation allows)
  • roll once to determine the availability of rare items (only useful if you can actually purchase rare items, see below)
On top of that, for each Trade action made by a champion (or leader) you can:
  • add 1 (or 2) to the rarity roll
  • purchase one rare item whose rarity is equal or lower to the result of the rarity roll
Not that juves cannot make post-battle actions and that the Savvy trader and Connected skills are therefore useless for them (until they graduate to champion status)

I thought they’d binned off the limit on number of items bought?

Well, in the compendium at least?

Reactions: Lord Gizmo

enyoss

Gang Hero
Jul 19, 2015
SL
Correct, but the OP is tagged N17 and mentioned Turf War ;)

For Dominion, you can purchase as many rare items as you can afford, and the Trade post-battle action does nothing but enhance the rarity roll.

I was looking that before I replied but still missed it.

Should have known better :D

Reactions: Lord Gizmo

Mabruk

Juve
Jan 11, 2019
Lucerna, Schweiz
Wow, they would have better taken over the rules from turf war into the dominion rules...
This will break the Balance and splitts the campain in rich and poor gangs:unsure: