N18 Rad Cannon Stats

LegionaireB

Nov 27, 2019
Tn, USA
I hope this is the right place to put this.

I was looking at a friends Van Saar gang and I noticed the system labeled the Rad Cannon as having the Blast(5) trait. In Gang War 3 the trait is only Blast(3). No errata has changed this, so unless it was changed in the Gangs of the Underhive book, this needs to be fixed in YakTribes system.

Jumbley

Black And White Son Of A Gun
Sep 5, 2019
Makes it a bit too OP, IMHO
What makes you say that?

The first thing I'd compare it to is the Plasma Cannon, which has the same price in the Van Saar House Equipment List - just looking at the statlines, you get: better range, more accurate, two weapon profiles (one direct-fire rapid fire, one blast) that both wound average gangers on 2+, similar AP, better damage. In exchange you get: Rad-Phage, better ammo rolls, and a larger blast template.

I'd personally reach for the Plasma Cannon every time, it seems like a more effective gun by most measures. Flesh wounds can be ignored and restored by several sources, and if you ever mirror-match against Van Saar, they're completely immune to Rad-Phage: you've lost the best aspect of the weapon. Plasma cannon works the same against everyone, doesn't need to soften targets up with Flesh Wounds for a round or two before it can start getting consistent kills, and the one major downside - ammunition - is easily mitigated by Tactics and Hangers-On.

Reactions: BearsWillEatYou

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
I hope this is the right place to put this.

I was looking at a friends Van Saar gang and I noticed the system labeled the Rad Cannon as having the Blast(5) trait. In Gang War 3 the trait is only Blast(3). No errata has changed this, so unless it was changed in the Gangs of the Underhive book, this needs to be fixed in YakTribes system.
When you look for weapons or stats, don't use anything released before the rules/gangs books (december 2018).