Rats in Space

Nov 25, 2016
Esperance WA
Do any of you folk play Veermyn in Necromunda. They seem like a perfect fit for the underhive frankly. I have bought an entire army of Veermyn from Mantic and can verify that these miniatures are as nice as they appear to be. Its a very thematic army with chem weapons in abundance, and syringes for the upclose and personal stuff. These guys are not at all lacking for technology either with tunnelers and tunnel runners to seperate the gangers from the juves.

I plan on doing a campaign revolving around these wee horrors attempting to stake a claim in the underhive. Have any of you used these miniatures in the underhive? And if so have you any ideas you would like to share, or difficulties I should be aware of in introducing these bad boys.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored, Non-washer of Minis
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Last year’s TribeMeet had rat-men appearing as the dome flooded and the gangs tried to escape.
I’ve made some Skaven influenced xenos as Guilder guards, but never had the chance to use them.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I know several people have used skaven. I assume someone out there will have tried veer'myn, though the models don't really appeal to me.

What rules are you planning to use? Escher? Cawdor?

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
There used to be rules out there for them. Wasn't for this edition, but they have existed.

Nov 25, 2016
Esperance WA
I dont actually play the current edition but rather NCE and I will likely play them as the enemy in a campaign rather than as a gang. The army has some very powerful types like terminators, and quite heavily armoured miniatures, and vehicles so a bit too much for even potent gangs to take on solo.

I have been playing 40K and Necromunda for as long as its been out so I am pretty used to making up rules to match different gangs and armies. I have numerous gangs, kill teams, and armies, in 40k, and historical miniatures (over 2000 miniatures), but am just recently finding players locally, as I live in a very remote part of Australia's south western coast.

I was non too sure about these miniatures before buying them but am very glad I did, as they are excellent quality miniatures, with some varied types to keep things interesting and a strong chem weapon theme and tech running throughout. These guys would probably give my Space Wolves a run for their money they are that well armed.

Reactions: Stoof

RexHavoc

Juve
Apr 12, 2014
I make a lot of space skavan. I never brought any of the mantic models for them though, I had a really bad time with some of their kits in the past. But I did try the new plastic fantasy stuff they put out for the rats and the quality was much, much improved all around. If their warpath stuff is done to the same quality I'd be tempted to give them a 2nd look.

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
So it sounds like a search of the vault might turn up something usefull. Thanks for the tip nooker.
You're not playing the current edition? Then these rules might work for you. They might be in the vault too.

Attachments

• Ratmen.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: breegull
Nov 25, 2016
Esperance WA
Thanks Nooker I will certainly give these a try. They look quite good as a starting point and useable for Necromunda which is a great introduction for them in the underhive. I will need to complete my own more detailed rules for the campaign as my rats are considerably better armed and armoured than these ratz.

Again thanks for digging those out of the vault (what a great resource it is).

Reactions: nooker
Nov 25, 2016
Esperance WA
Rex I would recommend you give them another try as these kits are fantastic. I also bought the giant which is less than a third the price of the gw large gargant and imho a better model. This was an amazinging kit and I wish I had bought two as there are two options of heads and arms included with each model.

Come Christmas I plan to make a large order to Heresylab which will include miniatures for Necromunda and 40K (I still play the 2nd edition version), but after that I will make another order to mantic for another giant and more sections of the Veermyn tunneller to use as a night train in necromunda.

Thanks for your help blokes. May the dice fall favorably for you.