Rebel grots as Skaven?

La'ayiv

Ganger
Apr 7, 2021
I'm thinking of making a rebel grots mob using Skaven models, because they have a few guns but mostly primitive weapons, I have a lot of them and because I just want to make something using Skaven anyways. The main problem would be vehicles, but I can work that out. What do you think?

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Seeing as how two ships are stranded in GorkaMorka, and the crew of the human ship have degenerated into Muties and Diggas, why couldn’t the vermin infesting the ships evolve instead? That gives you “Skaven” and would allow them access to technology from the human ship.

Reactions: La'ayiv

La'ayiv

Ganger
Apr 7, 2021
Ok, quick update
I've mostly finished the actual skaven.
I'm also working on some "generic" special character rules like the hired guns in Necromunda, and one of them is a skaven. I'm going with Punkatu's theory, having mutated rodents which escaped from the Eternal Vigilance then migrated across the desert to the Volcanoes and became skaven.

Reactions: Punktaku

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Skaven could easily work either as rebel grots or diggaz. If you're not set on grots, the latter might make the vehicle problem easier.

La'ayiv

Ganger
Apr 7, 2021
No, some kind of space marine tank thing cut half open and made of cheap metal. I have no budget to buy new stuff.

La'ayiv

Ganger
Apr 7, 2021
by the way, I said the space marine tank was made of cheap metal, but I actually mean it was Painted to look like it was made of cheap metal. Big difference.