Redoubt Destruction ideas

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
I am looking for some ideas on a piece of 40K terrain. I have 3 Firestorm Redoubts that I bought (good bulk deal) for a Firestorm Nexus in the 6th edition Apocolypse. As I have now locked in 7th edition 40K for my Space Wolves to make it manageable, the only formation with the Firestorm Redoubt is the Wall of Martyrs Imperial Defense Network, which limits the network to 2 of the models. So to emulate the terrain set "Crashed Aquila Lander" I have decided to destruct one of the Firestorm Redoubt. The area to cover is approx 13" x 15". The Quad Icarus Lascannons are reserved...alas as upgrades for the Vengeance Weapons Batteries. :)

Question is, how would you cut the completed model to start the terrain set modeling?

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
Photo Update

I am considering starting by slicing the top half off so the weapon mounts and bunker are essentially blown to bits with the base of the walls remaining. Pile debris on the inside of the walls to cover the lack of modeling, use parts from land raider and stormfangs to represent the insides, and use pieces of the tops to make the rest of the area the same as the Crashed Aqulla Lander would cover. (All pieces with 3" of another, and there are 5.)

Or make one big crater with 1/3 to 1/2 of the building left more or less intact....

Or cut it from the top in a star pattern to show a "bunker buster explosion and collapse".

Last edited:

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
I am trying to think of it as to how it was destroyed. Incoming missile hitting direct on the bunker firing slit and exploding inside? Big or small explosion?

Big energy weapon drawing a line across the battlements?

Make the weapon mounts look like the turret popped off when hit similar to WWII tanks?

Bioweapon slime attack? (Less attractive to me....although I do have Tyranids).

Ahhhh, Ork Kamikaze attack!

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
I did that as a child....disappointing. The breaks are not the same at that scale. I think a hack saw for the first cuts, than a sprue clipper. Hammers are also out I think. ;d I DID consider a blow torch. :D

Reactions: Punktaku