N18 Reglas de la casa. House Rules.

JawRippa

Gang Champion
Mar 31, 2017
Could you briefly describe core changes that you've made? I've run this through google translate, but it is obviously hard to read. I like ideas on some of skill changes, but I didn't understand if you've changed any of core mechanics, as they seemed to be mostly the same.

Side question: what software did you use to make this document? I've made a word document with our houserules, but it is very plain and bordersome to read through. It'd be great to make it look as nice and neat as yours.

Himar

Juve
Jan 31, 2018
Spain
I used Openoffice writer, remove.bk to clean the backround of the art and a lot of time lost reorganizing de document :p.
The core changes are mainly focused to make close combat a real thing on necromunda:
- Move is a basic Action instead of simple, but allows to Engage.
- New action Run (Double), that follows the standard move rules of n18 (i.e. you can´t use this move to engage)
- Consolidate allows to get engaged and ignore barrecades (as in N17)
- being Seriously wounded, with BLaze or broken condition prevents group activations.
- Bottle test are made when you have 25% of OoA or Seriously injured fighters. It is made by using the highest LD present and the battlefield that is not Seriously injured or broken, with a -1 for each fighter OoA or S.I. abeve the 25%.
- Target priority is made using Int instead of cool.
- Blast weapons can only target fighters per the normal rules
-if Blast weapons also have the grenade Trait, you can taarget a spot on the battlefield, with a -1 to hit. If the central hole of the blast marker is obscured by any means, you don´t roll to hit as normal. Instead you roll the scatter dice, keeping the blast markein the desired position if you get a hit, or moving D6" if you score an arrow.
- and a lot of minor tweaks

Also I modified the traits and Skills. Right know I am working in the weapons reference Chart (distributed in CC weapons, Basic [short and long] weapons, Special [short and long] weapons and heavy weapons).

-Added the lasting injury Parcially deaf (-1Iniciative)
- and more¡¡
I would really like to see your house rules and skills modifications.

Last edited:

JawRippa

Gang Champion
Mar 31, 2017
That is pretty funny. We have an extremely similar list of changes with minor differences.

- Move is a basic Action instead of simple, but allows to Engage.
Does it allow to do Fight(Basic) as a part of it, making Charge a 2xM"? Does a fighter still get +1A?

The problem I see with it is that it can be abused to circle around fighters to attack them out of LoS all the time pretty much as Move does not require you to move using the shortest route. We basically allowed charge to be double move on 3D and M+D3" on 2D. A Stand Up(basic) is a free part of Charge action at the start, but if fighter had to Stand Up, he gains no +1A on charge and moves only M. We also removed restriction of 1" force barrier between fighters, but if one gets engaged in any way other than Consolidate/Charge, then Engaged enemy can either retreat without Initiative test or Reactionary attacks or do free Reactionary attacks.

We also give a -1 to hit against targets that moved distance longer than their M characteristic until the start of their next turn, or they get pinned/engaged/injured.
- Bottle test are made when you have 25% of OoA or Seriously injured fighters. It is made by using the highest LD present and the battlefield that is not Seriously injured or broken, with a -1 for each fighter OoA or S.I. abeve the 25%.
We do it in a similar fashion, but we test Bottle every turn depending on current amount of non-broken, non-injured fighters on the field (after recovery tests). We also give -1 to LD test for fighters who fled. So if you got an unlucky LD test once, it does not mean that you'll be testing Cool until the end of the game.

If you are working on weapons etc, atm I could PM you our house equipment lists

Last edited:

Himar

Juve
Jan 31, 2018
Spain
A Stand Up(basic) is a free part of Charge action at the start, but if fighter had to Stand Up, he gains no +1A on charge and moves only M
Wow, I like it a lot¡
I don´t allow a free fight action when you use a move (basic) action to engage, and you don´t get any extra attack. It is a hous erule just to prevent some silly situations, like standing up with your close combat beast near to a melee... and being uncapable of doing nothig, because you are bad at shooting and you can´t get engaged. If we were have this conversation before, I would probably use your rule :p. Well, in fact I would probably change it¡

We also give a -1 to hit against targets that moved distance longer than their M characteristic until the start of their next turn, or they get pinned/engaged/injured.
I like the image of this, a ganger running while bullets impacts just behind his foot, but I try to avoid any "bookeeping", remembering how many inches move each of the fighters for a turn.

I would love to see your house equipment list, as I always find good ideas on everyone house rules.

Just an aclaration, my rules are completly focused to Zone Mortalis games. I mostly play on ZM, is easy to transport and easy to storage, and waht the hell¡¡ I love the bloody mess that is every match¡¡

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
@BearsWillEatYou , anything here we need to pilfer? (sorry you've got a better grasps for the intricacies of the minute rules that I, and from what you've said before, more time too :p)

Apr 10, 2018
Reading
Definitely some interesting changes here, some of which it could be argued a big improvement on the norm. ;-)

However, there's enough different from vanilla here that if we were going to use any of it then a gradual phase in over time might be the way to go over a significant rules dump right before a new campaign. Possibly the kind of thing that I'd be more comfortable doing if we can a normal Arbitrator rather than the current Glorious Peoples Republic system.