Request for ideas on converting khorne reavers for mordheim

Zugg Zugg

Gang Champion
Oct 4, 2019
Shimane
risingsun-es.com
Hello yaktribe. For reasons I ended up a lot of khorne blood reavers without any love for khorne or aos. I do love mordheim though and the models look like a good starting point for conversions but I currently uninspired any ideas on what I could do with them for mordheim would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
Given their style, the most obvious is a Possessed warband, but you'd not need to do any serious conversions for them, maybe some gratuitous head swaps.

Maybe a pit fighter warband? I can't recall exactly where the rules are, but the conversions would be a bit more involved with arm and head swaps.

Reactions: Ben_S and Zugg Zugg

Pagumb

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Sep 10, 2020
Pit fighters are a good idea. Would any of the ogre punchblade fists work with the reavers?

Are there any non-chaos barbarian warbands in the setting? Albion with a druid wizard kind of spellcaster? Of course, I'm probably mixing up ideas with Frostgrave now that I think about it. I've certainly thought about how do I de-chaos such figures and put them to work as combat servitor bodies or some such thing but have never converted anything useful to your concept unfortunately.

Reactions: Zugg Zugg

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
How many is a lot?

They could work well for Possessed (as in, the two hero models in a Possessed warband).

I'm not so sure about making a whole warband out of them, but that depends on how important scale is to you and any opponents.

Zugg Zugg

Gang Champion
Oct 4, 2019
Shimane
risingsun-es.com
Given their style, the most obvious is a Possessed warband, but you'd not need to do any serious conversions for them, maybe some gratuitous head swaps.

Maybe a pit fighter warband? I can't recall exactly where the rules are, but the conversions would be a bit more involved with arm and head swaps.
They do look more like pit fighters than a possessed warband.
Pit fighters are a good idea. Would any of the ogre punchblade fists work with the reavers?

Are there any non-chaos barbarian warbands in the setting? Albion with a druid wizard kind of spellcaster? Of course, I'm probably mixing up ideas with Frostgrave now that I think about it. I've certainly thought about how do I de-chaos such figures and put them to work as combat servitor bodies or some such thing but have never converted anything useful to your concept unfortunately.
Yes, one hand often has a knife it wouldn't be so hard to green putty up a punch blade.

There is a Norse warband which isn't necessarily chaos. I could try and Norse them up. The scale is a little troubling. They are blood bowl scale so I guess I could always make a Norse themed blood bowl team. They don't exactly tower over my current mordheim stuff but they make the others look a little short.

Possessed and mutant models may work well as scale wouldn't matter so much. And perhaps also as dark souls, the guys that were possessed by no longer.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I don't remember who did this. I think I saw it on Facebook, and haven't been able to find it again, so I'm glad I saved a copy. But this is one of my favourite Possessed warbands:

1621203517927.jpeg

As you can see, the Blood Reavers are a fair bit larger than the more normal humans, but can work together if there's some reason for this size difference.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Yes, I love it too. Though it doesn't really use a lot of Blood Reavers, if that's your aim.

There was an Ogre Maneater warband that had some kind of 'Youngbloods'. I don't know whether these guys would be large enough to pass as immature ogres. That probably depends on what your 'normal humans' look like. There are also a couple of strongmen in the Carnival of Chaos. But again, all of these are only using a few at a time.

If you're wanting to use a whole bunch of them, it might be easier to do something like a Blood Bowl team or Necromunda pit slave gang, rather than a Mordheim band.

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
They could be used as a middenheim warband? (All hero’s start +1 strength, if I remember right)
They could be a rogue group of Knights of the White Wolf with a bit beard and fur sculpted here and there!

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Goth Goliaths?
Horror punk Goliaths?

you could also just experiment with conversions as you said you haven’t done many. If you just fell into these models, it could a good time to play with knives and glue and extra bits.

Reactions: TopsyKretts

Zugg Zugg

Gang Champion
Oct 4, 2019
Shimane
risingsun-es.com
They could be used as a middenheim warband? (All hero’s start +1 strength, if I remember right)
They could be a rogue group of Knights of the White Wolf with a bit beard and fur sculpted here and there!
That's not a bad idea. I always did like the knights of the white wolf. Although there is a distinct lack of hammers on the models. I guess the axes can be turned to hammers easy enough.

Excellent. I shall work on a possessed and middleheim warbands. That works well to round out my warbands of mordheim.
Goth Goliaths?
Horror punk Goliaths?

you could also just experiment with conversions as you said you haven’t done many. If you just fell into these models, it could a good time to play with knives and glue and extra bits.
I must have mistyped. I am a chronic converter.

Reactions: CaptainDangerous