Requiem - Skirmish Battles in the Post Apocalypse

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
No no no silly kuma! Cat-girls, bunny-women, etc.

(I swear I can hear Kev White roll his eyes whenever I bring them up on his FB page)
Lol yeah i knew what you meant.

They could be called werefolk or the spliced or something. All mamals so that the heads are interchangable. That way a customer can choose to buy extra feline heads for example and have an all cat person gang.

You know what you need to do, right punktaku? Playtest the game, become familiar with the rules, write up balanced rules for them and share it. The great thing about this project is that it's a work in progress so it's possible to get your fan submissions to become official lore. Failing that just do an awesome massive project and splash it all over until everyone just sort of aknowledges that trolls are a faction.

Mad Robot

Maddest of Them All
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2015
Chandler, AZ, USA
www.madrobotminiatures.com
Released the first 2 factions for Requiem...

SURVIVALISTS.jpg
CHOIR.jpg

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Sorry @Mad Robot , I wanted to play test this but yakcomp 34 and life is preventing me at the moment. How much feed back and outside contributions (I mean creative, not monetary) are you wanting at the moment? I ask because I heard that it's bad manners to suggest rules to the creator and don't want to overstep the mark than I already did. I printed the PDFs and read through with a red pen. I will have a bash soon.

I saw that you have a Facebook and a dedicated website for it. Can you post links here so peeps like me can access it easier?

I'm still excited about trying out your creation and seeing how it will develop.

Reactions: spafe and Mad Robot

Mad Robot

Maddest of Them All
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2015
Chandler, AZ, USA
I always welcome feedback but I'm not prepared to overhaul anything too much. That being said, the best thing is to put your thoughts in an email: steve@madrobotminiatures.com

Only other thing I can add up front is that these rules and the world I'm trying to build are a very long term project. I work 7 days a week to keep up with the Mad Robot biz these days and I only have a few hours a week to focus on Requiem. Hopefully that gives a better understanding of where I'm at with all of it,

Facebook Group is here...

Last edited:

Mad Robot

Maddest of Them All
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2015
Chandler, AZ, USA
Wow 2 years have passed but, like a phoenix of atomic fire, my interest in completing my rules has risen! That being said, I have a question for you guys about your gaming preferences.

I'm working on a campaign phase for Requiem where players can search for salvage to sell at a trading post. So, here's the general question:

Do you guys like a longer, detailed list of random things to find or would you be OK with a shorter list of things with more general labels. In other words, 20 specific items(golf clubs, hair brush, car battery) each with a trade value or a single entry of "random salvage, value x"?

Hope that makes sense, love to see if there are any opinions on this.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
If the only purpose is to sell it, then it may as well just be unspecified stuff with a value. I don't see the point of specifying that it's a golf club (etc) unless there's some other way to use a golf club.

Reactions: Mad Robot

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Yeah. 5 Parsecs from Home does something similar and it’s very generic. “You find 3 creds worth of salvage” type of thing.

If there’s a point (using the salvage to craft things) then breaking it up into types makes sense (wood, metal, power, etc)

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
I really like how "this war of mine" does salvage. Something like 5 different types of salvage which has to be combined in a certain way to be made into something. Like putting a "consumable" and a "herb" (or something like that) to make cigarettes. But that's a crafting system.

Thats also like that for "last of us" and "escape from tarkov"

If you only want it as a trade item then go super generic. But you could use it as a way of adding to the backstory by declaring that there is generic salvage and also more valuable books/gas/soul stones/etc. That way you make a statement that certain things are innately valuable. Might help with setting a tone to the game.

Last edited:

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Man! Did I ever email those battle reports to you? I did three but since then, like, a million things have happened in life

Mad Robot

Maddest of Them All
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2015
Chandler, AZ, USA
Hey post apoc peeps!

Looking for some more opinions, this time on mounts. Could be horses, lizards, motorcycles, etc. Could even be large flying bats!

We only have 5-10 model per side. Do mounts add anything? Do they detract? I'd love to know your thoughts.

Reactions: Biggle_Bear

Mad Robot

Maddest of Them All
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2015
Chandler, AZ, USA
I suppose that what they add depends on the rules and type of game, but most skirmish games are infantry-centric, so they would certainly add something extra.
This is also my take on it, I've always liked the idea of being able to field a biker gang or a team on horseback. But apart from greater range of movement, I can't figure out if they work. I guess it's up to some playtesting.

Mad Robot

Maddest of Them All
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2015
Chandler, AZ, USA
I agree with the troll, probably best as a supplement. I think this mostly because you can commit to it better and have scenarios built around the concept. Rolling road and trying to job lorries/trains/post office vans.
Ah, so introduce the mounts rules along with some special scenarios that feature them, designed around them. Not a bad idea ;)

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I agree that mount rules are difficult to get right (which is probably why many don't bother). I'm not sure that the lesson is to leave them to a supplement. That way, they're bound to feel bolted on as an afterthought.

My suggestion would be that they're either an integrated part of the core rules or better left out, because a supplement is unlikely to do them well.

Mad Robot

Maddest of Them All
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2015
Chandler, AZ, USA
Question for all of you who have been doing solo wargaming on the table top. What has your experience been with opposing force AI?

Is there a particular system that you like?

What are some things that you don’t like about the systems you’ve encountered? You don’t have to name the games but examples of the mechanics that you didn’t care for would be enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biggle_Bear