N18 Return to Dust Falls

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Nice piece - mostly based on Survival Instinct I think. Not sure where the bit about Melerva and Balthazar is from, it doesn't ring a bell. Perhaps it's new?

I am finding it hard to come to terms with the hive being the Palatine and the enforcers being Palanite. I don't know if they're meant to be the same or if it's intentional :LOL:

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Do we think there is any significance in an article on the setting?
For myself, just a curiosity that this article, pulled as it is very much from the ORB/Reloaded edition of the setting as a hardscrabble cycberpunk Western frontier, doesn’t even touch on the new N17/N18 edition of the setting as a cyberpunk paramilitary battleground of conflict between the Houses.

It could be a deliberate effort to make everybody happy. Or it could be easy and convenient recycling of already-created content.

But the disconnect is a curiosity.

Spenetrator

Ganger
Apr 2, 2018
York, UK
I think it's just recycling, but the nod is appreciated.

As for the Palanite enforcers... Well you'd hope that's just a typo... Wouldn't you, but I'd not put it past them to try to claim it was intentional...

Reactions: Aulenback and Stoof

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Next article:

For every holestead and settlement carved out of the underhive, there are dozens of ruined domes, abandoned levels and derelict factorums. These are places of peril, where hivers try not to linger on their way to established settlements or, if they have any sense at all, never visit in the first place. In this Apocrypha Necromundus we venture into the deadly domes and tunnels of these Badzones.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/07/apocrypha-necromundus-badzonesfw-homepage-post-3/

Edit: AND... it includes a drawn sketch of a Ratskin Renegade. And mentions them in text as well. And Karloth Valois as well.

Last edited:

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
The Rogue servitor warband they mention could be an interesting idea to explore. I kinda like the idea of the corrupted programming leading them to attack gangs. Might be hard to justify more complex operations unless they are under the control of some kind of machine mind / control programme that has a more complex agenda.

Valos and the zombie horde would only really work for one off games / narrative scenarios. They have advanced his infamy now that I can't see him turning up as a hired gun for a random gang or anyone risking hiring!

Reactions: Aulenback

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
He - or his rumoured continued existence - is really an excuse for zombie scenarios. The servitors fit well into foreshadowing an industrial and not only fighting pits Pit Slaves gang, I suppose, but a small band of rogue servitors could make for an interesting Monster Hunt scenario....

Reactions: Ml2sjw

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
maybe they’re trying to avoid the whole pit slaves thing by turning that gang into the rogue servitors? maybe it’s faulty programming or maybe the human mind overcomes the servitor reprogramming and they rebel (like in the original Robocop).

Reactions: Aulenback

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Yet another reminder of Necromunda-as-was, more than Necromunda-as-is, cropping up as the Apocrypha series on Warhammer Community:

Heretic's Hole and the Outlanders and Outlaws there do, mind, include yet ANOTHER reference to the "Palanite" rather than "Palatine" enforcers. It also mentions Lord "Helmwar." No, not Helmawr, Helmwar. So....

That said, I love the modeling potential in
And yet, through the tangled Badzones of the outlands, the settlement endures, built into the hull of an ancient spaceship, itself jutting from a lake of slime. So old is the vessel that houses Heretic’s Hole that it conforms to no known Imperial pattern, only the barely legible human scrip on its hull ‘AN-A-R’ hinting at its origins. The ramshackle town clings to the partially sunken ship like some kind of obscene growth, its citizens living inside gaps between hull plating, gloomy cargo holds, and the ship’s flame-scarred engine mount.
And I feel foolish not catching the AN-A-R reference. EterVigila will not be happy with me. It isn't Dan Dare's Anastasia, so that's out. Nor Clarke's and Kubric's Aries. I'm sure it's an obvious reference that I am missing. Not as obvious as V'Gr, perhaps, but still.

Reactions: Ml2sjw