N18 Return to Dust Falls

Discussion in 'Hive Lore and Background' started by Aulenback, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Aulenback

Aulenback Gang Hero

DArquebus, Stoof and Draconic like this.
  2. Stoof

Stoof Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

Nice piece - mostly based on Survival Instinct I think. Not sure where the bit about Melerva and Balthazar is from, it doesn't ring a bell. Perhaps it's new?

I am finding it hard to come to terms with the hive being the Palatine and the enforcers being Palanite. I don't know if they're meant to be the same or if it's intentional :LOL:

3. Aulenback

Aulenback Gang Hero

Dust Falls was an ORB campaign played in the GW studio that featured in a bunch of White Dwarf articles.

4. Jlove

Jlove Ganger

The orb books make reference to van zep but melerva is new to me.

Do we think there is any significance in an article on the setting?

Aulenback likes this.
  5. Aulenback

Aulenback Gang Hero

For myself, just a curiosity that this article, pulled as it is very much from the ORB/Reloaded edition of the setting as a hardscrabble cycberpunk Western frontier, doesn’t even touch on the new N17/N18 edition of the setting as a cyberpunk paramilitary battleground of conflict between the Houses.

It could be a deliberate effort to make everybody happy. Or it could be easy and convenient recycling of already-created content.

But the disconnect is a curiosity.

Tiny, Jlove and Stoof like this.
  6. Jlove

Jlove Ganger

It's a bit odd isn't it? I remember one of the seminars was talking about possible new settings/ideas such as narco lords and psyker slave traders.

It's more likely though that I'm getting myself excited and it's nothing more than recycling.

7. Spenetrator

Spenetrator Ganger

I welcomed the article - but then I am ignoring the N17/8 militia fluff and imagining a more old school setting. :)

Aulenback, Stoof and Ardavion like this.
  8. Spenetrator

Spenetrator Ganger

I think it's just recycling, but the nod is appreciated.

As for the Palanite enforcers... Well you'd hope that's just a typo... Wouldn't you, but I'd not put it past them to try to claim it was intentional...

Aulenback and Stoof like this.
  9. Jlove

Jlove Ganger

I'm sure palanite is intentional, they've used it before. I believe it was in last year's seminar on the future of Necromunda.

Stoof likes this.
  10. Stoof

Stoof Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

That doesn't necessarily mean it's intentional, I've seen simple mistakes like that persist for years. If it is intentional, it annoys me a bit :LOL:

Space Truckin, Aulenback and Jlove like this.
  11. Space Truckin

Space Truckin Gang Hero

Hope they do more of these!
    Is there a necro wiki anywhere?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice