I was thinking about houseruling Blaze in Necromunda to be less of a binary mechanic. I heavily dislike that such a powerful trait effect is tied to a 50-50 die.
- Each weapon with Blaze puts blaze tokens on a fighter if you land a successful hit.
- Hand flamer puts 2 blaze tokens, normal flamer 3 and heavy flamer puts 5.
- When a fighter with any blaze token activates, he suffers a hit with STR equal to a number of his blaze tokens , AP-1 D1. This does not pin standing fighters.
- After resolving a hit, remove 1 blaze token from a fighter and test Cool with a penalty equal to remaining blaze tokens on fighter - if failed, a fighter wastes their activation standing up (if able) and running around on scatter like usual, otherwise they act normal. At the end of such activation an active fighter may go prone.
- Pinned or Seriously injured fighter with blaze tokens removes D3 blaze tokens at the end of their activation.