Robot miniatures

Hawkins44

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Hey!
After noticing the civvie thread, I decided to create my own, looking for miniatures of robots or androids (no cyborgs or servitors, please). I got inspired by the movie Chappie to get some androids for my Enforcers, but so far, I managed to find only a couple of sculpts. Bad, ancient, ugly sculpts.
No need to mention the Anvil Industry digital forge automata regiment, and I have them as a backup if nothing else shows up.

Any recommendations?

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
The robot from Blackstone fortress, or the 40k mechanicus range seem like the obvious place for Imperial looking robots.
Could even try converting some adeptus titanicus knights perhaps.

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Some of the Necron heads, the ones which only have one eye, look slighty more robotic despite still being skeletal terminators.

Hawkins44

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 2nd Place
The UR-025 thingy? It could potentially work, but I was looking for something human-sized, that could wield a shotgun.
The closes thing Mechanicum (and Mechanicus) have to robots are the Thallax (technically they are cyborgs, but they don't show any biological parts), and the Castellans, and it is all way too big. Worry not, I checked those ranges.

The Thallax can work as the winged, ex-Van Saar bounty hunter. Can't remember his name or the sourcebook. Book of Peril I think.
Or as the Arachni-rig, with some tweaks.

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
Unless you try to smoosh a necron and an enforcer together somehow I can't think of anything human sized in GWs range.

Edit: maybe something Ike necron legs or even skitarii. Combined with enforcer torso and skitarii arms. Then try to fit a helmet on a necron head.
It might look like a robot in uniform?

Don't actually own any of these kits so not sure how well they might fit together.

Last edited:

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
maybe Star Wars legion might be good starting point?
(can imagine these kitbashed with Van saar)

Unslain

Gang Hero
Nov 29, 2014
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
Mantic's Deadzone stuff might be of use; most of their enforcers faction could pass for androids, while the Asterian faction is comprised largely of robots (though I'd want to bulk out their legs).

Looking in their dreadball range, they do a humanoid robot team and another multi-part set with enough humanoid bits in that it might be of interest.

Not terribly cost-effective if you're just wanting a single mini but I have found bags of mixed seconds going cheap on eBay in the past.

sykoholic

Ganger
Jun 1, 2017
Pensacola, FL USA
Probably not what you're looking for but....

Standard Necron Warriors armed with Tau Weapons
XVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.jpg

Reactions: Ben_S

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Have you checked out Bombshell or Reaper? Infinity might be good too as their armor style double as androids instead of people in armor.

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
Crooked Dice has some stuff. They're very pulpy and fun.
1605660123664.png

There are more than just these, these are just the first I ran across.

Reactions: trollmeat