Rogue trader boxes X2 = Ship boarding.

Jun 23, 2016
As I was looking at the ship board that is to come with the Rogue Trader Kill Team Expansion Box I was thinking that two boxes would make it possible to do a boarding scenario... yeah a bit of expensive but its worth thinking about :)

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Flat-mat ship designs could make a very nice set of custom table maps, and would be quite printable-on-the-cheap.

For those looking at 2D game boards [N17 basic, Space Hulk, etc], the concept could work well and easily. Some nice high-res, sectioned-for-printing, pretty details and obvious 40k-ness deck plans might find themselves very welcome in the vault here, for example. Alternately a 40k themed WHQuest style build-the-board-as-you-go set of rooms. Hey! What's this "Blackstone Fortress" thing upcoming? Hmm. Perhaps that might be a useful template for just such a thing....

Edit: Like this, but just a bit more Space Hulk. Or like Space Hulk, but a bit more this:

http://the-lost-and-the-damned.664610.n2.nabble.com/file/n6586581/WHQ_tiles.pdf
http://kurt.helborg.free.fr/warhammer_quest/sections_de_donjon/vieux_monde/sections_de_donjon_du_vieux_monde.php

Last edited:
Reactions: dabbk

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
With more information now coming out about Blackstone Fortress [Space Quest], it looks like the rooms are less likely to easily stand in for "generic spaceship" in setting, but are looking more and more likely to be "space dungeon" instead. As such, were anyone to have a really good visual of the Rogue Trader release Kill Team boards, they would likely find a secretly appreciative audience among players of INQ28, Necromunda/Shadow War: Armageddon/Gorkamorka, even Space Hulk. And of course, the upcoming Blackstone Fortress.

Something useful for particular scenarios, as temporary [and cheap] scenario-specific terrain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warorie

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
With more information now coming out about Blackstone Fortress [Space Quest], it looks like the rooms are less likely to easily stand in for "generic spaceship" in setting, but are looking more and more likely to be "space dungeon" instead. As such, were anyone to have a really good visual of the Rogue Trader release Kill Team boards, they would likely find a secretly appreciative audience among players of INQ28, Necromunda/Shadow War: Armageddon/Gorkamorka, even Space Hulk. And of course, the upcoming Blackstone Fortress.

Something useful for particular scenarios, as temporary [and cheap] scenario-specific terrain.
I really wish Blackstone Fortress had been set on a space hulk for this very reason. The tiles are kinda useless outside the actual game.

Reactions: Aulenback

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
Hopefully the expansions will add this, from what I have read their is a chaos ship stuck inside the fortress. I think spacehulks were out as a. Setting because of well you know space hulk. But with the chaos ship be translocated inside the Blackstone there could easily be a few more and that expansions add sections that feel more like ships.

After all a genestealer cult must make an appearance in the game at some point. It's basically a 40k rule.

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
My yakwife wants me to watch that. Haven't been able to yet. I still am trying to get through the original Lost in Space episodes.

"Dr. Smith!....Give me paw, whoot whoot whoot!" (quote provided by the yakwife.)