Rules Compilations

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Almanac seems like a complete waste of time to me. They could at least get all of the classic teams done before they make a "complilation". It doesn't even include all of the currently available star players.

This book just seems like a pure cash grab. Sell you book 1 and 2 and then add a tiny bit of extra info and make a compilation after less than a year. Up yours GW. Just sell me a damn game I can play without buying half a dozen books and supplements ffs.

Basileus

Ganger
Jun 24, 2014
Germany
www.instagram.com
Almanac seems like a complete waste of time to me. They could at least get all of the classic teams done before they make a "complilation". It doesn't even include all of the currently available star players.

This book just seems like a pure cash grab. Sell you book 1 and 2 and then add a tiny bit of extra info and make a compilation after less than a year. Up yours GW. Just sell me a damn game I can play without buying half a dozen books and supplements ffs.
True dat. At least Season 2 content is now available in other languages as well though!

Reactions: Tiny

DArquebus

Ganger
Aug 7, 2012
Sydney, Oz
Don't get caught up waiting on GWS only teams lads :)

There are a number of 3rd Party manufacturers who have been supporting Blood Bowl for many years as GWS left us in the wilderness.

Willy, Gaspez, Neomics, to name 3.

Also ad far as online, their is the official Cyanide BB2, and also FUMBBL which is a free Java based platform :)

Reactions: Aulenback

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Managed to convince our group to give up waiting and order from elsewhere. We've got 3 teams from Willy and one from Impact on the way. Hopefully have a league running in time for Christmas.

We've given up waiting for new rules too. We're ignoring all of the DZ books and using legacy rules all the way.

DArquebus

Ganger
Aug 7, 2012
Sydney, Oz
Competitive Rules Pack (CRP) is a good set of rules that served me well for a decade or so :)

That said, I am enjoying the new rules as they come out. They add a more "football simulation" feel to managing a team with Stadiums and rebuy etc. :)

Good choice on the teams. They are wicked good. I own a bunch of them myself! :)

Reactions: Ben_S

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Competitive Rules Pack (CRP) is a good set of rules that served me well for a decade or so :)

That said, I am enjoying the new rules as they come out.
To be honest, I'm not that keen on most of the rule changes that have come since 2016. I see that most add fun/wackiness to the game, but they often seem poorly balanced or thought through.

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Mind you, I still have my Citadel Journal issue with the snotlings team rules in it. Wacky and random isn't new to Blood Bowl, it just seems that the writers SEEM to be saying to take them seriously. There has been tacked-on wacky for ... hm. Well, roughly since Blood Bowl.

Reactions: Tiny

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Isn't that just the last few years of GW games as a whole? Wacky nonsense and rolling as many dice as possible. Don't get me wrong, I like most of GW's games at the moment but balanced, well thought out rules is something they still struggle with.

Problem is with Blood Bowl, because they kept the core rules the same, the wacky rubbish has ended up very much a tacked-on afterthought.

DArquebus

Ganger
Aug 7, 2012
Sydney, Oz
I'd suggest that's not a problem at all Tiny ;) :p

The extra stuff seems cool to me. Breathe of fresh air. Some of the cards are ridiculous, as was putting the 200k deck with the 50k deck and calling them all the same in the box :p .

But then I'm biased. It's my favorite game by a fair margin, so I'll play on regardless. But most Leagues have always run some variation of house rules anyway. :)

Reactions: Aulenback

jimjimjimmyjim

Gang Hero
Apr 2, 2013
flemington, Victoria
at this stage im trying to just get some information on them before making a purchase, normally the warhammer community page posts articles on stuff like this, but i havent been able to find anything at all to my surprise :(

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
What are you after in particular?

The stats for the new positional (Chameleon Skink) have been on Warhammer Community.

I understand the star players have been changed, but you probably need to buy Spike! for those.

jimjimjimmyjim

Gang Hero
Apr 2, 2013
flemington, Victoria
What are you after in particular?

The stats for the new positional (Chameleon Skink) have been on Warhammer Community.

I understand the star players have been changed, but you probably need to buy Spike! for those.
mostly stats and what the new costs of players were/are