Rules for wheel scythes?

Discussion in 'GorkaMorka' started by ClockworkOrange, Jul 3, 2018.

1. ClockworkOrange

ClockworkOrange Executive Officer in charge of Trolling
    Staff Member Tribe Council Yak Comp 1st Place

Truth be told I dont come to this bit of the site very often, ok never, but I’ve got a question for my GorkaMorka Yak Friends.

Do you have rules for carrying lances when riding a beast? And or rules for these?

1468268A-9A39-449E-970A-6592DA9D35CE.jpeg

I want to adapt them for a Necro Ash Wastes game.

spafe likes this.
  2. Ardavion

Ardavion Gang Hero

Wheel slashas were in the Gubbinz magazine that was produced (https://www.scribd.com/document/29415862/Gubbinz) which inflict a point of damage to the wheel/track location in addition to any other damage from a rake or sideswipe maneuver.

For lances, it might be better looking in WHFB; I don't recall there being lances in GoMo.

Flamekebab, Aulenback and spafe like this.
  3. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

@ClockworkOrange , that ash wastes link I showed you the other week... it has wheel slashers. P40 (actually P45 in the pdf), of the big ash wastes campaign setting doc:

Wheel Slashers (30 credits)
    Only wheeled vehicles (excluding bikes) can be fitted with wheel slashers. When the vehicle is involved in a rake or
    sideswipe the enemy vehicle automatically suffers one point of damage to the wheel/track location in addition to any other
    damage that may be inflicted. Wheel Slashers can be damaged like any other pieces of equipment through the damage chart.

Aulenback and Ardavion like this.
  4. Aulenback

Aulenback Gang Hero

The closest you are likely to find is one of the Mutie weapons, from the Digganob expansion book. Falchions are actually described more as a power sword than a lance, but is described as an "extremely long" blade. It can be used to block, just as a shield can; if the user's opponent is using a shield, then both blocks cancel out, and the shield is damaged beyond further use until next game on a roll of 1 on 1d6. Strength+1, damage 1, save as hand weapon [based on S+1]. 3 teef equals around 30 credits, give or take.

Wheel Slashas were published in Mad Meks - a White Dwarf article reprinted in Gubbinz.

Wheel Slashas, gubbinz, cost 3 teef.
    Only buggies [?!] and trukks can be fitted with wheel slashas [so not bikes or trakks]. When this vehicle is involved in a rake or sideswipe, the enemy vehicle automatically suffers a point of damage to the wheel/track location in addition to any other damage that may be inflicted. Wheel slashas can be damaged like any other gubbinz, and are useless for the rest of the battle if this happens.

#4 Aulenback, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    ClockworkOrange likes this.
  5. Ben_S

Ben_S Hive Guilder
    Honored Tribesman

Since GoMo is based on 2nd edition 40k, you could start with the Rough Rider hunting lance - or perhaps even a regular lance from WFB (+2S on the turn you charge) though combat works a bit differently.

Flamekebab likes this.
  6. Aulenback

Aulenback Gang Hero

The Wheel Scythes end of the question, mind, leads to the good question of working up Gubbinz rules for some of the spiffy toys which will be on some of the new vehicles coming in Speed Freeks. It specifically has "axle saws" on one of the trukks [to use the GoMo term, since it isn't a Trakk or a Bike]. In this case, yes, stealing the gubbinz from the Ash Wastes rules which were based on GoMo makes sense. But there are and will be a few more bits possibly worth coming up with "custom Gubbinz rules" for.

A lot of the flash weaponry can be accommodated by the already-published-at-tUGS "snazzguns" rules. Vehicle-mounting a snazzgun seems viable to cover MOST of those. Others may warrant either finding something they already fit [the "screw ram" is just a visually-different "reinforced ram" for which we already have rules], or even creating gubbins rules whole cloth. Others may be in between ["the shokk-jump" is a new gubbinz entirely, and a powerful and expensive one? or just a new visual for the once-per-scenario booster rockets already written?].

Here is the mentioned list of "Ash Wastes" gubbinz, lifted from Gang War [the old Necromunda magazine]. Remember that the ratio appears to be around 10 credits per toof.
    https://yaktribe.games/community/vault/vehicle-equipment.58/

Wheel slashas were from White Dwarf and Gubbinz magazine [its only issue]:
    https://yaktribe.games/community/vault/mad-meks.604/
    The boosta Rokkit [for the shokk-jump?] is from White Dwarf and Gubbinz likewise:
    https://yaktribe.games/community/vault/mad-meks-2.606/

Flamekebab likes this.
  7. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Buggies are totally a thing in GoMo (y)

8. Aulenback

Aulenback Gang Hero

Yes, but only as the term “buggies and truks.” I can’t find anywhere that buggies have any rules that distinguish them from truks, and vice versa. Truk and buggy are just used interchangeably, as far as I can find, and not as two distinct categories.

Truks, traks, bikes. Buggies as an occasional synonym for Truks. Or am I now missing something obvious cleverly hidden somewhere outside the vehicles chapter?

Edit: Right! Hit location chart, which suddenly starts calling them buggies first, and trukks (now two Ks) after.

#8 Aulenback, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Flamekebab likes this.
  9. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Given that the plastic buggy model existed before Gorkamorka I assumed they were included for compatibility reasons more than anything else!

Aulenback likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice