Rules Suggestions- Action Phase (Movement)

JawRippa

Gang Hero
Mar 31, 2017
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
IIRC, there was a rule for moving through friendly fighters in the N17 book, but it disappeared in N18 (you were just not allowed to finish the move with the bases overlapping, of course).
GW is at it again! 😄
So many silly things popup when you start digging into N18 rulebook... How did they end up with later edition inferior to an earlier version of N17 is beyond me.

JawRippa

Gang Hero
Mar 31, 2017
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Does jumping down use up fighter's movement? Logically it should not, but I didn't find anything to prove it in the rulebook. It is a pretty big deal, since climbing up would mean that not only you are spending actions climbing up and risking falling down when pinned, but also spend actions climbing down...

On a sidenote, how about making jumping across gaps more forgiving, especially for models with average to higher than average Initiative? Currently even escher champion will fall down the pit 1/6 of the time... Any sane player would avoid a gameplan revolving around possibility of killing your own fighter 16% of the time. I suggest that when failing to jump across the gap because of initiative check, your fighter makes the jump, but gets pinned on the other side (and thus needs to test initiative again or fall). A bit more dice rolling, but makes traversing terrain much safer for high initiative models.

Last edited: