N18 Sabotage scénario question

Discussion in 'Scenarios & Tactics' started by gnenthaal, Mar 14, 2019.

1. gnenthaal

gnenthaal New Member

Hi guys.
    I was the attacker. The defender failed his bottle test turn 5. Then his last fighter, seriously injured, went out of action, while I didn't succeeded in destroying the target, with 7 gangers on the table left.
    So, he didn't do fleed voluntarily. But I didn't sabotaged. So he takes the money. But what about the territory ? Do I get to gain it, or does the defender gain the territory at stake ?
    Thanks for your answers.

2. Thorgor

Thorgor Of The YAQ

Since you didn't destroy the target (and your opponent didn't voluntarily flee), the defender wins and consequently gets the territory at stake.

3. As stated, RAW he wins.

I (and many others) believe this to be stupid. If there's no one to stop you sabotaging the target, what stops you?

The argument in favour of the current rules is that it forces playing the objective, thereby stopping the attacker playing the mission like a standoff.
    Personally, I think that's silly because they're going to have to fight their way through the defender to get there, so it's very likely that the defender bottles before they get there, thereby preventing them from winning.
    Which is bad for both players. Most people are decent folk, and they view running away to steal a victory from a gang that's obviously beaten them cheesy.

BranBuccarcher likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice