scenery

=Angel=

Ganger
Oct 3, 2016
Narratively, is your team an exploratory force or defending an admech facility?

An expedition could be examining necron tombs, a crashed craftworld, Tau merchants, a space hulk or just a newly discovered human world.

Admech facilty- you cant go wrong with sector mechanicus kits or zone mortalis

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I know it’s not official fluff, but I like the idea of there being a Necron tomb in the ruins of the original inhabitants of Necromunda, in the deepest parts under the hive. An Admech Exploratory Team searching for those ruins would explain their presence on Necromunda.

Reactions: Aulenback

CaptnM

Juve
Jun 16, 2020
If talking GW official terrain, there is plenty to choose from, but the terrain fits your killteam's style, it's even better. So, it depends if your Killteam is one aggressively deployed against the AdMech's many enemies as an expeditionary force, a reclamation team hunting relics (or heretics) on lost, abadoned worlds or on defensive duties.

Expeditionary Force: would be fun to mix Death world fauna kits with Xenos terrain kits (Eldar & Tau terrain, or a destroyed Necron Monolith, or even an Orc Mekshop...) - contrasting the different technological design philosophies with your Killteam.

Reclamation team: Sector Imperialis (Ruined Imperial city) kits, mixed with Sector Mechanicus and Sector Fronteris (ruins) kits
Defense Duty: Mainly Sector Mechanicus Kits, painted mostly intact.

AND:

Tin cans! The 90s Wargames Terrain book from GW is still excellent and homemade terrain is still the bosanova of the hobby 😎😊
Building your own, I second that. :)

Reactions: Aulenback