Schattelgeist - developing a 40k roleplay setting

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
the style is cool, but they need to be more... dynamic? maybe pointing and yelling? like they’re directing a crowd. “they’re over this way! get them! rip them apart! Send them back to Mother in a cardboard box! You’d better run!!!”

Reactions: HorribleHedgehog

HorribleHedgehog

Gang Champion
Aug 16, 2017
the style is cool, but they need to be more... dynamic? maybe pointing and yelling? like they’re directing a crowd. “they’re over this way! get them! rip them apart! Send them back to Mother in a cardboard box! You’d better run!!!”
But that's the Demagogue's shtick now, ain't it? ;)

Inciter's meant to be more of a manipulator on a personal scale.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
ah, yes. my mistake! how about (and keeping in mind my drawing skill is practically 0) loosing the whip and having them be behind a generic fighter and whispering in their ear? or something suggesting they’re more spider-like and manipulating a bunch of individuals?

if you’re staying with a single subject portrait-like image, i’d suggest hanging the whip off the belt (but keeping it obvious) and maybe having them wringing their hands like they’re plotting something.

a delaque-type pose would also be very appropriate

Reactions: HorribleHedgehog

HorribleHedgehog

Gang Champion
Aug 16, 2017
I did consider having a servant glued to their side, but decided to keep it to a single subject as I want the picture to match the other class pieces. Putting the whip on the belt is a good idea - it's probably mostly for show, anyway. The pose will likely stay close to what it is now - purely out of laziness - but maybe I'll try some Delaque-style robe/coat thing.

HorribleHedgehog

Gang Champion
Aug 16, 2017
I've reached a new level of disorganization - I can't even seem to finish a simple piece of art without starting a new one. On the plus side, I'm really quite very happy with this one, an Imperviant. I need feedback on one thing, though: would it be too much to have a forearm bone sticking out of the arm clutching the side wound?

TtlrrZj.jpg

HorribleHedgehog

Gang Champion
Aug 16, 2017
I have to admit I'm not very knowledgeable regarding serious injuries, but shouldn't an arm be theoretically usable to some degree if the other forearm bone is in one piece and there's no serious nerve damage, ie. only one broken bone that punctured the skin in such a way as not to damage the musculature too much? Of course, using an arm in that state would be unbelievably painful, but that's the point!

Again, I admit I have very little actual knowledge regarding this. Could always just have the arm hanging limp, though that risks being too zombie-like. Or just have the arm all bruised up to hell.

HorribleHedgehog

Gang Champion
Aug 16, 2017
I'll have to ask around - I'm sure there's someone in the sites I frequent who can give me an expert opinion.

Bandages, stitching and scars will certainly also feature, but I want the focus of the picture to be on recent, untreated injuries - like they've just taken their opponent's best shots and smiled all the way through.

HorribleHedgehog

Gang Champion
Aug 16, 2017
So, according to my research it is indeed possible to use an arm with a compound fracture - excruciatingly painful, of course, but that suits this piece just fine. I got a lot done, though there's still plenty of fiddling and cleanup to do. The wound-clutching arm in particular is turning out to be a royal pain. I got the hand to proper proportion, but now the forearm is looking too short... I'll have to see about fixing it tomorrow.

EYwT6Vw.jpg

HorribleHedgehog

Gang Champion
Aug 16, 2017
Okay, the imperviant is done. I've been really inspired by this specialization and will probably try to come up with a talent tree and fluff for them next.

mB24pOI.jpg

Reactions: Punktaku

HorribleHedgehog

Gang Champion
Aug 16, 2017
Did the talent tree for the pit fighter. That's 2 specializations down, 13 to go...

tzIIQvi.jpg

It's been a productive night - I got the Champion's talent tree done as well. With that, I've officially finished 1 out of 5 careers! Woo!

g5gIG2T.jpg

Last edited: