Scratch building terrain supplies

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Not exactly scratchbuilding, but Lidl currently have cheap aquarium stuff in their middle aisle:

Would be a good fit for those Deepkin fish-elves.
Sumpy blind fish peop— SCAVVIES. Blind Scavvie Sump people. And their sumpy plant terrain. Hmm.

Reactions: Blood Donor

Blood Donor

Hive Dweller
Tribe Council
Aug 23, 2011
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
yaktribe.games
The Thralls and the Reavers are really cool minis, and don't fully seat specific to undersea. I don't know on Scavvies though as they aren't all too grotesque or the likes. I think they look like vampires! In the cavernous collapsed domes certainly some Batskin Renegades could be like vampire influenced Outlanders that spring ambush and drop into combat with blood thirst... Also the gang leader could get carapace, a grappling hook, and a grav chute and be Batman...

1584566028751.jpeg

undertaker

Gang Hero
Oct 21, 2016
Nottingham
For those in the UK, The Range have rolls of plastic textured craft sheet that makes a nice industrial flooring texture. I think it's a pound or two for a roll. It takes superglue, spray paint and acrylic well. The silver stuff in the second pic is an example in use.

(hand for scale!)

I tried finding that plastic craft sheet stuff at The Range recently. They didn't sell it. The website doesn't have any either. I think it's been discontinued or something. :(
Use what you have wisely, for the chances are you'll never see any again. If I could find the stuff online I'd gladly buy some, but my google-fu is not strong enough.
Similar story with the large range of Liquitex spray paints The Range used to stock. One minute there, gone the next.

• Sad
Reactions: Loriel and Ben_S

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
How about this?

Google “textured craft sheets” and there’s a ton of craft papers, foam sheets, and self-stick aluminum craft sheets. Amazon and Etsy has tons.

Last edited:

undertaker

Gang Hero
Oct 21, 2016
Nottingham
Google “textured craft sheets” and there’s a ton of craft papers, foam sheets, and self-stick aluminum craft sheets. Amazon and Etsy has tons.

That's the problem. There are tons (or should that be tonnes 🤔) of results, and none of them are much good for industrial flooring. All artsy fartsy glitter or "natural" shapes.

Orngog

YCE Project Manager
Aug 30, 2014
Wiltshire
with respect @undertaker, googlefu can be learnt. Just using quote marks can really help, "diamond plate" or "d plate"... let alone using site: to make google search a website for you.

Reactions: Aulenback

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Maelstrom Edge stuff is great especially the newer sprue #2 The designer is a Yakker but alas I can’t remember their name.

What you need is fly mesh and tie wraps......I know a certain modest Troll that used these very successfully.

Reactions: Tiny