Scratch building terrain supplies

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
Just saw this online and thought I'd share. Make your own corrugated sheets from trash. Had a peek on eBay they're about £6.

Screenshot_20210210-181525~2.png

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Rotherham, UK
fox-box.co.uk
Maybe I should make a topic about this but here at work we've got a load of knackered servos from our old models (we make robot birds):
V263FwG.jpg

They've got some lovely worky-bitz inside:
0mmPxra.jpg

dZPZt4q.jpg

That whole box needs to go and I reckon Yakkers would be the ideal recipients. You'd need to pay postage (I can slip them into my work post runs but I won't get away with using the company card for sending you lot terrain supplies!) other than that - free to a good home.

Not sure how best to dole them out - by weight? By quantity?

Please give them a good home!

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
I wish I could get one two or three times as wide for bigger sheets. They're rather fun though!

I know it much easier to build with bigger sheets, but it would look much more realistic and textured with multiple smaller sheets that overlap slightly. Though the sheet may be too thick to actually overlap properly.

That is after all how we actually install corrugated sheet in real life and it is fairly realistic that the maximum size of base materials is limited by the size of the manufacturing equipment and ability to transport it.

I do find it interested that the corrugating tool actually works in the perpendicular direction to how corrugated sheet is actually made.

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
Vaguely offtopic, but you do know there's a conspiracy about how birds aren't real? I'm unsure on how serious it is, it just struck me as amusing...

I’m sure it’s something real that has been taken to an extreme illogical conclusion.

In short there are drones specifically designed to look like birds flying overhead and there are security camera that are specifically camouflaged as birds, but some bright spark has taken a comment on them and run with it to mean that ALL birds aren’t real.

There are plenty of weird little conspiracy theories that have are based on actual things that have happened on a small scale, but are extended in scale to be illogical fallacies.

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Champion
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
I'm obviously not a very good photographer, but inspired by an forum idea from another yakker to use 1:35 tools, I wanted to introduce and compare Miniart's 1:35 toolset in size and detail with six sprues, a very small one made of clear plastic (not in the photo) and tools made of brass. Especially the brass tools are very fine, but in my opinion this tool sets are very suitable for scratch-building, decoration and for miniatures.

The first photo shows the content of the box and the second with a comparison to 1:35 Italeri tools. There are also some miniatures for size comparison and the background is centimeters.

Last edited:
Reactions: almic85

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Champion
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
For do-it-yourselfers the new "Game Master" series from Army Painter could be interesting. It will be published in May and offers products for terrain builders. Including a new hot wire foam cutter, terrain spray for XPS and MDF and for beginners in terrain construction, the "Gamemaster: Dungeons & Caverns Core Set" could be interesting.
https://shop.thearmypainter.com/products.php?ProductGroupId=25

Unfortunately, I have not yet found out what size the XPS Foam Scenery Tiles are. Could maybe just be A4, but if they were at least 12 "x 12" in size to fit Zone Mortalis Tiles, I would find them also interesting for Necromunda. In my opinion, the XPS Foam Scenery Set should also be able to be used to build terrain tiles for other games.

--
P.S.: This is just a private hint for DIY hobbyists and I have no personal interests to AP.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Powers out due to “preventive maintenance” on the lines. So I whipped up some terrain using those blocks I posted awhile back. If this stuff came in gray or beige instead of such bright colors, it would be perfect...

347FF148-3C43-485F-88A4-490461F7FF10.jpeg

there’s two towers with connecting walkways to the left, a techno-bit in front of it (makes me think of a cpu chip), s landing pad with ramps, and a guard tower.