Oct 21, 2016
Nottingham
Very nice job!
Also, that would make one sweet bong. :LOL:

Mini-Glass-Bong---spherical.jpg

Malika

Gang Hero
Feb 15, 2014
Whilst designed for 6mm/8mm gaming, these bits could easily be used to upgrade Necromunda terrain, resizing might not even be required!

Smallscale ventilation systems
bpI5Z1I.jpg

E91nZnP.jpg

yM3LeYP.jpg

Cu81WUH.jpg

3Jj4iCt.jpg

9jPCSkh.jpg

pKutfWg.jpg

These smallscale (6mm/8mm) ventilation systems were designed to be used on buildings and vehicles for games such as Adeptus Titanicus, Battletech, and Dropzone Commander. It could of course also be used for other projects and resized if needed.

The kit contains the following items:
- 21 types of ventilation systems
- 2 types of windcatchers
- 1 mechanic

Please do no share or sell these files (including prints and remixes) without my written permission.

Reactions: Tiny

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
This is probably a little bit off topic for scratch building terrain but I was looking at carry cases down here in Australia and decided to look at a local company called Knights of Dice who also happen to make terrain.

In there terrain section they had this Box Bloc - Starter Set which gives you a nice set of flat base boxes to make your table multi-level and is plain enough that you can add as much extra detail as you want.
EB6E283A-E5F8-489C-A7C8-82BCD73DAF7E.jpeg

It’s made for Infinity but the scale is more or less the same and it’s all in different pieces that can be arranged as wanted and which all pack back up inside each other.

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
Reactions: Tiny

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Hero
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
What to do with all those sprues that you saved for something interesting: Video

The chemistry of plastics and solvents are nothing new. But if you do that and advertise it, you should at least always point out that acetone is very poisonous, dangerous and harmful to health!

The vapors and material fumes are very harmful to health. Safety glasses and gloves are the minimum! You should also ventilate well. And children should definitely be always kept away!

It can cause headaches and irritate skin and eyes. Frequent contact can lead to dermatitis. And it can lead to impaired consciousness and even to unconsciousness. The toxic agent damages the liver, kidneys and the gastrointestinal tract. Repeated contact can also damage your blood and bone marrow. If you drink alcohol on the side, the harmful effects are increased. Aceton is also highly flammable and it is explosive if it comes into contact with certain other substances!

It's only meant well, but please be careful with it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben_S

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
The chemistry of plastics and solvents are nothing new. But if you do that and advertise it, you should at least always point out that acetone is very poisonous, dangerous and harmful to health!

Frequent contact can lead to dermatitis. The vapors and material fumes vapors are also very harmful to health. Safety glasses and gloves are the minimum! You should also ventilate well. And children should definitely be always kept away!

It can cause headaches and irritate skin and eyes. If you drink alcohol on the side, the harmful effects are increased. And it can lead to impaired consciousness and even to unconsciousness. Repeated contact can also damage the blood and bone marrow. Aceton is also highly flammable and it is explosive if it comes into contact with certain other substances!

Did not realize that, so thank you for the PSA! Although, now that you lay it out, not really surprised either.

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA

The vapors and material fumes are very harmful to health. Safety glasses and gloves are the minimum! You should also ventilate well. And children should definitely be always kept away!

It can cause headaches and irritate skin and eyes. Frequent contact can lead to dermatitis. And it can lead to impaired consciousness and even to unconsciousness. The toxic agent damages the liver, kidneys and the gastrointestinal tract. Repeated contact can also damage your blood and bone marrow. If you drink alcohol on the side, the harmful effects are increased. Aceton is also highly flammable and it is explosive if it comes into contact with certain other substances!

As a chemist...this is so true. Avoid MEK (methylethyl ketone), really effective but worse than acetone.

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Rotherham, UK
fox-box.co.uk
Maybe I should make a topic about this but here at work we've got a load of knackered servos from our old models (we make robot birds):
View attachment 127327

They've got some lovely worky-bitz inside:
View attachment 127328
View attachment 127329

That whole box needs to go and I reckon Yakkers would be the ideal recipients. You'd need to pay postage (I can slip them into my work post runs but I won't get away with using the company card for sending you lot terrain supplies!) other than that - free to a good home.

Not sure how best to dole them out - by weight? By quantity?

Please give them a good home!
My last day at this workplace is next week - last chance on these.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Found these things at Target, in the cheap things section by the front doors. $5 each. The first comes in two parts (roof, building) which I will be separating as it’s too contemporary looking otherwise. The discs are finished and the package says “food quality finish” so I’m hoping that will cut down on possible warping issues.
BD087088-EFE7-4D82-9A7E-5955ACB776BF.jpeg
6C2F7D32-4AE7-4453-8861-7FDA05C033A5.jpeg