Necromunda Sevastopol Sector terrain and gaming blog

timdp

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Jun 4, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Played around with parking garage layouts today. The trick seems to be to use the small square floors for the base pieces and save the larger floors for the upper stories. This makes the piece count go much further and allows larger buildings with the same pieces. The squares on the floor are 12" by 12" so this layout is 4' wide.

timdp

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Jun 4, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
You managed to keep it all modular then?
@Ben_S those pillars just slot into the bottom of the floors where all those boxes are, if you like the look of them search for Matchbox motorcity they were around in the early 90s
As Zeebogie says, pillars have holes in the bottom that fit over the raised rectangles and the undersides of the raised rectangles are receptacles for posts on top of the columns. They assemble snugly and disassemble pretty easily even with paint on them.

I think next up are some panels to fit between the columns for some LOS blocking.

Column detail pic (not mine)

timdp

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Jun 4, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
The parking garages have way too much open LOS and not enough cover, so I made up some panels to block some LOS and provide some cover. Still working on panel designs, but got some of them installed (with a bit of Blutak to keep things modular).

timdp

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Jun 4, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Had our annual August Necromunda gathering this past weekend (JustinCon) and got a few games in.

Here are pics of the 4'x8' table set up (for 2 4'x 8' games) incorporating the parking garages. Put out most of the larger pieces of scatter, but not the smaller stuff that gangers could shoot over and this caused a bit of a problem in the first two games as gangers had to generally exit cover to shoot. Fixed this after the first game, so you will see more scatter in the second and third game pics.

Last edited:

timdp

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Jun 4, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Game 1: My Orlocks vs Justin's Scavvies in the Guilder Caravan scenario. This was a BRUTAL game, the most brutal Necro game I have ever played. We both had relatively small gangs at 9 and 10 gangers and we both had six gangers out of action at the end of the game.

After game results
Orlocks: Leader captured and three gangers dead. Medic reroll for the hero of the game (John Woo) made him partially deaf instead of dead. Big improvement! Settlement generated a Juve to replace the lost Juve. Had to pay all my credits (80) to ransom my leader back, so the new Juve had to borrow a laspistol from the leader for the next game.

Scavvies: Three dead scavvies and 80 credits from the ransom. Note: We forgot the bounty on the dead scavvies until the next day when I was picking up my terrain so I did end up with a few credits.

Orlocks deploy

Orlocks and scavvies move

Pivotal moment in the game: John Woo jumps up on top of the brick pile and blasts away with plasma pistol and autopistol (Gunfighter and Fast Shot) and takes out the Scavvy leader and one of the Scalies behind him (not shown). Flamer burned off one of the other Scalies' wounds before being charged by said Scaly and another Scavvy, but his sword forced rerolls in both combats, leaving him alive long enough for Darls the shotgunner to charge the Scavvy and kill him (sword saves the day again) and the flamer guy killed the Scaly. Justin then bottled out.

timdp

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Jun 4, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Game 2
Alan's beautifully painted Oldhammer Orlocks vs my Orlocks. This was Alan's first Necro game although he has played plenty of 40K.

His setup was unfortunate as it required him to cross a catwalk to get on to the main structure and I was able to get one guy up on the structure quickly enough to slow his advance by pinning and downing the Juves he sent out in advance of his regular guys. This allowed me enough time to move my guys up and get shots on the bridge. After a few casualties he vol. bottled

Orlocks deploy

Orlocks move

Last edited:

timdp

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Jun 4, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Game 3
My Eschers vs Mario's Delaque in a gang fight. Was a very strange game. Had five or six women shooting every turn of at least five turns against targets in the open and in cover and never hit anyone... He downed only one of my gang and was failing ammo rolls right and left. My HTH gals were starting to close. A Juve with auto pistol and Sprint took out his las cannon heavy and Blue took out two more so he bailed.

Last edited:

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Simply stunning table! Sounds and looks like a great day of gaming. Do you each have multiple gangs in a campaign, or do you run multiple campaigns? My mate and I have talked about running two gangs each, as there are only the two of us and it gets a little repetitive.

Reactions: timdp

Ned Noodle

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Aug 26, 2016
Leyland
Those tables are incredible...
....so so envious!
They look like a joy to game on, bet you had a blast! (y)

timdp

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Jun 4, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Simply stunning table! Sounds and looks like a great day of gaming. Do you each have multiple gangs in a campaign, or do you run multiple campaigns? My mate and I have talked about running two gangs each, as there are only the two of us and it gets a little repetitive.
Thanks! Our campaign is not a fixed thing. Its very open ended and people add new gangs when ever they want to. We only get together to play 4-5 times a year, so keeping it loose seems to be the way to go.
I'm working on getting gaming to happen more often...