Shadow War : Armageddon - Simple Kill Team Rating System

hreikin

Gang Hero
Feb 23, 2015
Rotherham
www.codingpen.co.uk
I have been playing around with this idea for a while and came up with a rough draft which you can find below.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ulJDGmfDdVSVLWo2n2KdWf7sD8ecWL2AjKeERUPa14c/edit?usp=sharing

What are peoples thoughts ? I have tried to keep it deliberately simple and excluded any form of experience points because of this. I would love if somebody could play test them as my game time is fairly limited at the moment.

EDIT : I have added version 0.1 to the vault, it can be found here - https://yaktribe.games/community/vault/shadow-war-armageddon-simple-kill-team-rating-system.829/

Last edited by a moderator:

hreikin

Gang Hero
Feb 23, 2015
Rotherham
www.codingpen.co.uk
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Flamekebab

Insurgent

Gang Champion
Mar 17, 2016
Springfield OR
Do you guys find that Kill Teams in a campaign are developing wide differences in advances and competitive strength?

I have heard a lot of people talk about getting three games into a campaign and saying the size of their Promethium stockpile leads them to believe campaigns go quick. But I haven't seen anybody conclude a campaign with a victory yet. My suspicions are that progression may occur quickly at the beginning but at a point the need to expend Promethium on recruitment and armament may cause a plateau. Without such expenditures a Kill Team may fail to remain competitive.

From this point it would be interesting to see what Kill Team ratings look like and how they compete. Measures of competitive quality are kind of vague in the face of any scenario other than a Kill Team Fight.

hreikin

Gang Hero
Feb 23, 2015
Rotherham
www.codingpen.co.uk
I think a lot of it depends on the kill teams luck - in the campaign we are in some kill teams are doing better than others. Mine for example has only gained 3 caches in 2 games and spent them all. They have also lost a fairly expensive crusader. I think others are doing better and we are all around the same number of games played.

I wrote the rules mainly so people could join a campaign with any kill team no matter how long it has been running and still be able to hold their own and catch up if necessary.

Reactions: Flamekebab