N18 Shower thought on enforcer stub pistols...

irlZombie

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jun 14, 2017
Morley Western Australia, Australia
I've been thinking about the lack of flavour with palanite and subjugator lists and immediately I thought of the Karl Urban Dredd movies with the different types of ammunition... Specifically how to implement all of the existing ammunition types for other guns onto the "lawbringer pattern" stub pistol. Any thoughts?

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
I'm sure I've seen this exact tought somewhere else - perhaps facebook.

Suggestions were along these lines:
Flare - standard profile, but with Blaze and Flash.
Double Whammy - Treat the shot as if the Enforcer is armed with two standard stub guns and has the Gunfighter skill.
AP - As per DumDum rounds but with AP-1.
Stun - standard profile, but with Stun.
Edit: Shot - same profile as sawn-off shotgun.

Personally I'd put Scarce on them all as well - but for the ammo types, not the gun itself.

It's the costs that would be tricky, as usual.

Last edited:

JawRippa

Gang Champion
Mar 31, 2017
Were these suggestions for stub pistol only? Autopistol would be quite weird with some of these

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Were these suggestions for stub pistol only? Autopistol would be quite weird with some of these
Yes, just the stub pistol. Of course, the Lawgiver also has a specific "rapid fire" mode alongside "FMJ" (the standard stub gun profile). That would be adding RF1 to a standard profile shot.

Reactions: irlZombie

kueppe

Juve
Sep 17, 2018
Weitefeld
As a single Pistol i see no problems. U need to check ofcourse if u allow dual wielding or additional ammo with this (to keep it simple, i would suggest no)

Cost...we could take a look along existing pistols. Bolt Pistol is just better than any mode. So under 45. Sawed of shotgun is about 15. Blaze is a strong trait (Acid Rounds cost about 15 for Escher). With the versatility and since some of the suggested effects are not rly strong i come down to prob around 25 to 30.

Reactions: Stoof and irlZombie

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
25cr if you have to buy the ammo separately, 40 or even 50cr if you didn't would be my take. Everything except the standard stubgun round would be Scarce, so no reloading. Upper price above that of a Bolt Pistol because whilst the BP is strictly better than any specific mode, variety has a value all of its own.

I forsee the nice cinematic situation of working through your different ammo types because they're running out one by one.

Reactions: irlZombie

JawRippa

Gang Champion
Mar 31, 2017
I'm assumming that it would need a special rule since Dredd's pistol does not need to be reloaded when one ammo type runs out, it just switches types on the go. So if you run out with any of these types, you don't have to reload, similar to combi.

irlZombie

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jun 14, 2017
Morley Western Australia, Australia
25cr if you have to buy the ammo separately, 40 or even 50cr if you didn't would be my take. Everything except the standard stubgun round would be Scarce, so no reloading. Upper price above that of a Bolt Pistol because whilst the BP is strictly better than any specific mode, variety has a value all of its own.

I forsee the nice cinematic situation of working through your different ammo types because they're running out one by one.
I hadn't thought about buying it complete with all of the ammo types! That makes perfect sense for an enforcer, great idea!

50cr seems reasonable...

Yeah I think it'll add some fun to dishing out the law!

Reactions: Stoof

Vonvilkee

Gang Hero
Jan 7, 2018
Bellingham, Washington USA
Use the Combi rules and scarce all the fancy rounds while leaving the standard rounds plentiful. This would mean that it is very unlikely to pass an ammo roll but is easy to reload the basic rounds.

If making it a separate purchase you could even go limited give it a single stat line but have a multipack trait that allows you to select one trait from a list. Blaze, stun, concussion, seismic and even rapid fire (1).

JawRippa

Gang Champion
Mar 31, 2017
T
As a single Pistol i see no problems. U need to check ofcourse if u allow dual wielding or additional ammo with this (to keep it simple, i would suggest no)

Cost...we could take a look along existing pistols. Bolt Pistol is just better than any mode. So under 45. Sawed of shotgun is about 15. Blaze is a strong trait (Acid Rounds cost about 15 for Escher). With the versatility and since some of the suggested effects are not rly strong i come down to prob around 25 to 30.
Logical explanation behind one pistol per enforcer would be the simple fact that only one such pistol is issued and registered per person.

Reactions: Stoof