Skaven advice

FlacK

Dec 31, 2019
Next few days I'm going to be playing my first ever games of blood bowl against @CaptainDangerous I'll be playing as the scaven so any advice would be very appreciated. : )

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Lots of flattery? Maybe some booze. Ask frequently about the “Troll Menace” and use “Whatever happened to Captain Clone X?” (For X pick a number between 1 & 9) then sneak the ball over the goal line while he’s ranting. Skaven are sneaky like that.

For actual advice, I haven’t played since 2nd Edition and my Skaven team still isn’t complete...

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand
Skaven win hard and lose hard. A top tier team not for the faint-hearted. Everything is an opportunity to score with them. They love random effects from the kick-off. A fan throws a rock? Great chance to injure an opponent. Skaven players get injured all the time because of weak armour, so less painful for you. Every disaster that could happen on a pitch is a blessing for the Skaven. Opportunists. Grab every chance. Every time the opponent drops the ball, you score touchdown. Even when 8-9 players are KO or injured, they continue to score. I lost something like 5-1 against Skaven playing dwarves, even though I massacred their team.

For a new player, it is easy to lose your first games with them. They run fast and die fast. A technical team and the fastest team in all of Blood Bowl. Spend your game on the ball and sneaky hit and run attacks. Don't go for mass fights trying to beat up the opponent, because most teams are stronger.

FlacK

Dec 31, 2019
Skaven win hard and lose hard. A top tier team not for the faint-hearted. Everything is an opportunity to score with them. They love random effects from the kick-off. A fan throws a rock? Great chance to injure an opponent. Skaven players get injured all the time because of weak armour, so less painful for you. Every disaster that could happen on a pitch is a blessing for the Skaven. Opportunists. Grab every chance. Every time the opponent drops the ball, you score touchdown. Even when 8-9 players are KO or injured, they continue to score. I lost something like 5-1 against Skaven playing dwarves, even though I massacred their team.

For a new player, it is easy to lose your first games with them. They run fast and die fast. A technical team and the fastest team in all of Blood Bowl. Spend your game on the ball and sneaky hit and run attacks. Don't go for mass fights trying to beat up the opponent, because most teams are stronger.
Thanks for the advice I'll utilise this advice and take every opportunity I can. I'll seek the gaps in his defense and will win hard.

Reactions: TopsyKretts

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Ok. If these are starting teams, then he's not much stronger than you, but is a bit tougher. You should be able to outrun most of his players, apart from the Catchers (who are only ST2 anyway). Do remember though that, while you are fast, most of your team are not that agile (except for the Gutter Runners) so don't try to play like elves. You don't want to dodge too much and you should run with the ball rather than pass it. Use linemen to shield your more important players where you can.