N18 Skaven in the Underhive

Dec 28, 2016
Denmark
Hello fellow hive scum, gangers, mutants and heretics.

I'm running a dominion campaign and I was considering adding some "Skaven" npc's for some random raids or chaos during specific custom scenarios.

Right now I'm working on their weapons, and I was planing on giving all of them Rad-phage and also Undtable weapon traits.

But my question is, is it enough to just, take the Auto gun, add rad-phage and unstable and then call it a day?
How would you calculate the price for such a weapon?
Do you have any better ideas for how to represent the powerful but dangerous weapons of the Skaven?

Thanks in advance! :)

NoOneII.

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 6, 2021
Germany, Hessia
I think the vansaar have weapon mods/munitions. Maybe their pricetags can give you an idea.
Profile wise I'd probably start with eschers, because of the high Ini. maybe cut off some coolness and leadership. Because, you know, rats.

Reactions: RandomTerror
Dec 28, 2016
Denmark
I think the vansaar have weapon mods/munitions. Maybe their pricetags can give you an idea.
Profile wise I'd probably start with eschers, because of the high Ini. maybe cut off some coolness and leadership. Because, you know, rats.
Thanks for the reply! I'll give the Van Saar a look.

Regarding the Escher, that was exactly my thought!
I was using the Escher stat line, but gave them movement 6" and removed some coolness and leadership.
Is it fine to just, remove 1 stat from one place and add it to another? (+1 movement, -1 coolness?)

NoOneII.

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 6, 2021
Germany, Hessia
Movement in many cases will be worth a gazillion times more than coolness.

But: If this is not about being "your gang among other player's gangs", I don't think you have to be overly exact about those things.
The prices and and balance of the stuff is wonky at best anyways, so another little bit of wonky won't matter too much for Scenario-NPCs.

Reactions: RandomTerror
Dec 28, 2016
Denmark
Movement in many cases will be worth a gazillion times more than coolness.

But: If this is not about being "your gang among other player's gangs", I don't think you have to be overly exact about those things.
The prices and and balance of the stuff is wonky at best anyways, so another little bit of wonky won't matter too much for Scenario-NPCs.
Yeah, thats exactly the point, no one will play these guys as a gang, its just for the heck of it and for me to throw a little wrench in the plans of gangs who get too powerful along the way.
Maybe just give them movement 5" but give them Spur? Would also fit in the fluff of them "eating warp stone" to get all crazy and energetic. :p
The only thing I want to be just a little balanced are the weapons, beacuse I want the players to be able to get their hands on some of them via random drops if they encounter them. :)