N18 Slave ogryn first attempt ( advice please)

Dkay1981

Juve
Dec 15, 2019
Airdrie
Hey guys I am just putting together a slave ogryn gang to play with a couple
Of buddies. I have not decided on skills yet but I have the start of a gang I could use some feedback on.

Dem Free Ladz

Smashfist ( overboss)
Paired augmetic fists
Furnace plates
Blasting charges

Numbr 2 ( Underboss)
Arcwelder x2
Furnace plates

Fump ( ogryn)
2x arcwelder
Furnace plates
Stimm- slug
Blasting
Charges

Bonehead ( slave)
Furnace plates
Spudjacker

Dum Dum (slave)
Furnace plates
Spudjacker

Runt ( Slave)
Furnace plates
Spudjacker.

The list comes to 995 credits and I’m not set in stone on anything.

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
Theres a case to be made for hazard suits over furnace plate for your lobos, fire is one of the only ways to.stop them lumbering forwards so you can expect to see people bring it against you, hazard suit makes it a non-issue

Dkay1981

Juve
Dec 15, 2019
Airdrie
Theres a case to be made for hazard suits over furnace plate for your lobos, fire is one of the only ways to.stop them lumbering forwards so you can expect to see people bring it against you, hazard suit makes it a non-issue
I didn’t think you could take hazard shits at gang creation.

Dkay1981

Juve
Dec 15, 2019
Airdrie
Gangers and Lobo-Slaves can. For whatever reason Over and Underbosses cannot.
Aaaa ok that’s why I could not see them.
tbh I’m mostly going to be fighting van Saar , Goliath and the enforcers, possibly also CgG so I think armour might be a little more important at the start.

Dkay1981

Juve
Dec 15, 2019
Airdrie
So slight adjustment to the team. I dropped the genades and stinks to get an extra lobo slave.
I figured 7 ogryn would be a better bet in the early campaign and I can add the grenades and other toys later.

Dem Free Ladz

Smashfist ( overboss)
Paired augmetic fists
Furnace plates

Numbr 2 ( Underboss)
Arcwelder x2
Furnace plates

Fump ( ogryn)
2x arcwelder
Furnace plates

Bonehead ( slave)
Furnace plates
Spudjacker

Dum Dum (slave)
Furnace plates
Spudjacker

Runt ( Slave)
Furnace plates
Brute cleaver

Krump ( Slave )
Furnace plates
Brute cleaver

I could drop a brute cleaver off one of the slaves to make him unarmed and turn the ogryn into an underboss if that works better.

Last edited:

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
As I've said, hazard suits for lobos over furnace plates. I'd also swap the arc welders on your normal ogryn with your overbosses augmetic fists, arc welders are better weapons so your overboss, with more attacks and better WS will make best use of them.

Why Spud Jackers? Brute cleavers I get (for the to hit bonus) but I'm never convinced knockback is that useful. Axes will give you the +1S, cheaper.

Dkay1981

Juve
Dec 15, 2019
Airdrie
As I've said, hazard suits for lobos over furnace plates. I'd also swap the arc welders on your normal ogryn with your overbosses augmetic fists, arc welders are better weapons so your overboss, with more attacks and better WS will make best use of them.

Why Spud Jackers? Brute cleavers I get (for the to hit bonus) but I'm never convinced knockback is that useful. Axes will give you the +1S, cheaper.
Mostly I am trying to work within points. The list is 1000 credits on the nose. If I had 10 more credits it would be 4 brute cleavers. The reason for furnace plates over hazard suits is the who I’m against. Mainly vansaar , Goliath , Corpse grinders and enforcers. Allot of those use blast weapons and small arms fire at the start of a campaign so I figure the furnace plates were better to start with and get hazard suits later when I start buying grenades.

Great call out on the arc welders on the boss instead. I may be able to trade if of the double arc welders down to augmatic fists on the other underboss so I can have the credits to turn the ogryn into another underboss.

Edit: I remade the gang and I managed to downgrade 1 pair of arcwelders to augmatic fists and change the ogryn to an underboss and had enough credits to give all the slaves brutecleavers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart of Storm