Drag to reposition cover

Necromunda Slave to the Necro WIP

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia
So the Megga Hab has been taking far longer than i anticipated. I think i over stretched a little (a lot). I thought i would share an update but sadly no cool pics yet as im trying to keep this one a campaign reveal for the players. (although i think they got a pretty good idea of who they are facing off against :p)

The idea was a 3 part Hab block structure that could either be used as individual parts each with a theme, or combined to make a large structure. The plan was to use MAD terrains mdf Hab Blocks as the core structures with various GW and other resin kit greebles. i purchased everything in anticipation many months ago with a loose (dangerous) vision in my head.

So the thought was the base structure would be an autoshop garage, the middle structure would have a rooftop bar, and the top structure would house my arms dealers workshop. All Npc locations in my campaign.

After i purchased the sacrificed forest of mdf kits, Warlayer annouched their hab like files and i have to say.. im 20+ hours in, havenent finished the greebling, zero paint has touched it, getting some hobby fatigue, and im cursing that a little. I reckon if i had gone that route it would have used 1/5 of the time and 1/3 the cost. Also growing concerns of structural rigidly seeping in as the weight of it increases.

Anyways ill leave this update with a neat little hobby trick i stumbled onto in an effort to cut time from soldering etc.. $10 LED candles from KMART. You get 3 and it only takes a few minutes of wrecking to get easily placed led setups thats have a friggen remote! I can stand back and piont to the structres and change their colors and make them flicker etc. Pretty neat for such low cost and time.

B3qs3G4.jpg

4uNr9K9.jpg

Last edited:

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017

undertaker

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 21, 2016
Nottingham
Daym dat rust is on fleek!

1 comments
Reactions: Stoof and Draconic

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Big time! It came in a kit of alley way accessories from tt combat. I brought it for the mattresses and a few other things but I thought it made a nice addition! They were always present in the garages I worked in and took my cars to when I was younger! Thanks @undertaker i have just discovered weathering enamels and I’m in love

Reactions: Aulenback

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
21AB52E1-FA58-4029-A5D0-60500D594077.jpeg

1 comments

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
So, browsing through again briefly over lunch break, giving these another look over.

Yup. Still brilliant. VERY nicely done. Some day, I dream of having my gang get trounced on your board.

3 comments
Reactions: Draconic

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Living in Canada, I know that feeling. Mind you, that was why I snagged another copy of the original box terrain, and why my wife and I backed a kickstarter for flat-packable Mordheim terrain as well [the village and ruins set from "Battle Systems"]. It isn't as brilliant as the stuff in this thread by any stretch - but it is easily stowable.

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
And transportable! Would be great to whip out the box for an avo, build a hive together and have a yarn! pack it away, put it under the arm!.. Meanwhile our game nights end up with me carefully packing all the shit away into plastic boxes and putting them back up in storage.. never done it in under 30 minutes yet. I think the original GW bulkheads still haven't been bested even today!! I gave up trying to find them for a reasonable price hence why the next project im trying to make casts of the 3 i have.

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Very cool, I'm going to do something similar but my whole bazaar idea hasn't really formed in my head yet. I almost want to make a full store ala GTA.

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Cheers @cainex1.. i wouldnt have said the idea really formed in my head.. more like i splurged on a crazy amount of mdf, a few GW kits, and a heap of resin and plastic greebles.. threw everything on a 4x4 table and spent nearly a week brainstroming and holding things together with blutack and paint tin stands till i found a way to use as much of the guilty crack pile that i could!

1 comments

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Shopping mall board?

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
"Karloth Valois is BACK! Quick! To the Dromeplatz, before the shambling hordes get here! I need a boomstick."

AoD-12.jpg

2 comments
Last edited:

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
You have no idea how tempted I am... but it isn't really Necromunda so I'm trying to figure out how I want things to look.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
black market bazaar?

3 comments

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Yeah, I'm definitely going to do one of those. I want to something uphive though and thats where I'm not getting a cohesive vision.

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
@cainex1 maybe a gothic look if uphive? Tabletop scenics (mdf) and warlayer (3d print) do a lot of gothic inspired stuff that i always imagine as upper spire when i see them. My chllenge with these hab blocks will be to make them more necro and less infinity.. im going to try my best.. my hive is certainly more of a melting pot of nostalgia pop culture, but im cool with that.

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Haha thanks guys! It’s just 3 stalls/shops for 3 different hab block sections that stack on top of each other and transform into a megga hab!.. the name.. well I rip everything so I’m sure you will be able to figure it out :ROFLMAO:

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Ok I caved.. a little.. Here's some Wip shots of the build. Its half painted now and the multiplayer scenario is locked in so getting excited now!

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
Thank you guys! I have gone very heavy on the weathering so should look like a rusted heap with cracked concrete roofs.. well that’s the plan! The 3 minis that I’m using for npcs (Gieger, and the 2 ladies) are from the union steamfitters kit by malifaux. Funnily enough I brought them just for the welding masks for Joe.. but it turns out I got a great npc for each of my 3 shops now 😁 I don’t have a name for the lady with her arm up yet. She’s supposed to be lifting up her welding mask but I pinched it.. figured she would be The atomic cafe owner, or staff.. but I haven’t written her into any fiction yet.

Last edited:

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Supporter
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
Sweet mother Mary’s crackpipe this stuff is sphincter-clenchingly awesome. How the hell do you paint a monstrosity like that?

Draconic

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Nov 2, 2017
:ROFLMAO: Haha what a way with words! So far I have completed 2 of the 3 sections. I have a cheap round rotating painting disc thingy. Each section just fits on one of the square cutting mats. I have put the sections one at a time on the mat for support onto the disc on my paint station and have been airbrushing them by spinning it around. I tried a rattle initially to speed it up but the airbrush is just more cost effective so have gone back to it. The base painting was a pain but after that it’s been smooth sailing! It’s a good point though I have been lucky enough to just fit the individual pieces at my painting station.. anything larger will require me taking over the kitchen table again.. so would be back to the nighttime stealth mission.