N18 Small Venator Gang

BenSmith

Juve
Nov 19, 2018
Scotland
My gaming group are going to be starting a new turf war soon, and I’m looking for advice on playing Venators. Our current turf war has gone well, but we have been surprised at the amount of creds we’ve been earning - for the next turf war there are plans to cut down the amount of income earned from territories etc. I’m hoping this limit will help Venators...

I’ve gone for a small gang, with the aim of converting / magnetising / painting the hell out of each model. But, is my gang too small to cope?

https://yaktribe.games/underhive/gang/test_2.44819/

I’m not sure how to put in master crafted weapons, but the plan is for my leader to have twin master crafted stubguns - I’ve put in 4 stubguns to keep the gang rating correct.

What do you think?

BenSmith

Juve
Nov 19, 2018
Scotland
So I’ve made a few tweaks, but am still undecided for then leader’s skill. Any suggestions? I see him more as a counter charging model - it’s a shooting gang, so when some one gets in close I want to be able to react before they start charging my champions and gangers.

I’m even thinking Mentor may be an option - stick him next to the champions to start really ramping up the XP.

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I'm just starting my venators tonight, I've gone iron will to try and keep the gang around a little longer

BenSmith

Juve
Nov 19, 2018
Scotland
So, I think I’m going to go with this gang -

https://yaktribe.games/underhive/gang/hunt_17c.46716/

The grenade launchers could do really well for me, or really bad!

I expect that I’ll be the one picking the scenario in most cases, so which ones am I best to go for? Ambush seems like one I’ll be picking a lot, but what about Shoot Out? I’d like to think 3 (on average) random choices from my gang would beat 3 random choices from most other gangs. Also gives the potential for some good rep.

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Why have you gone for shooters and given them stubcannons? If you dropped a little more you could get boltguns on those guys!

The champs and leader look okay (although the leaders load out is a little mixed). I just dont get the gangers.

For missions, anything that limits how many enenmy turn up.

BenSmith

Juve
Nov 19, 2018
Scotland
With the bolters I'm just worried about failing ammo rolls - if one ganger goes out of ammo, that's 33% of my gangers unable to fire. Tbe stub cannons are much more likely to stay shooting, and I'm hoping that the increased strength gives me some good stopping power. I also thought about starting with hotshot lasguns on all 3.

The the plan for the leader is to set him up with other models close by so I can get the increased XP. I don't think I'll get much money, so want to get the gang skilled up ASAP. When I do get money, he'll get better weapons. At the moment I just want him to be able to cover all ranges.

Overall, I'm looking for reliability in the gang due to the low numbers. Bolters could be brilliant, but also could be out of ammo for several turns (knowing my luck). Stub cannons seem to be the best fit for me (S5 and 3+ ammo).

Vonvilkee

Gang Hero
Jan 7, 2018
Bellingham, Washington USA
Ammo crates, and fire discipline gang tactic card. You also have backup pistols already. The bolter has 6" of range and a positive to hit up to 12 out. Who cares if you have ammo that can't hit the enemy?

Reactions: spafe

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I like the revised list... possibly give a stubgun to the abhuman, with dum dums. Gives him a range option and can use the Str 4 shot i ncombat if you need.