Some SWA kill teams (and maybe other stuff)

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Trolling
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Hmmm don’t think I’ve seen this thread before - it seems the other locals have been more the welcoming, however I for one think you should do one! We don’t want modelling of this calibre and quality showing us all up! No Sir!

How can you trust someone that can paint white that well! Blantent untrustworthy behaviour!

Banned.

Chaos Moomin

Ganger
Jun 30, 2018
UK
Try to ban me will you? Well I'm throwing my lot in with the clones!

About the Space Marine - have you tried simply rotating the flamer inward toward the torso at the point where the right hand is holding it?

If you are holding a gun across your chest like that, surely the body of the gun would not be in line with your forearm (your left arm would have to be sticking out to hold the barrel in that case.) You would be holding the handle almost as if the sides were the front and back, and the back and front were the sides.
I did try this but the flamer starts to look obviously at an angle to the trigger guard (which is attached to the hand).

I also considered removing the hand, filing down the inside of the wrist a little, and repositioning the hand to be angled further inward. I don't remember why I decided against it now. I think maybe it just seemed too easy to mess up? I'll re-investigate the possibility when I get back to the project.
I'm glad you posted this because I had another look and managed to get this to work by cutting most of the way through the right wrist, bending it back and then filling the gap. Fits pretty well now, though I had to take off some purity seals:

WZiobQ.jpg
WZiDra.jpg

Also, meet Frost, my newest recruit to the Sons of Malice:

WZiM6A.jpg
WZinLD.jpg
WZivaq.jpg

Magnified like this, some of the greenstuff work on the legs is a little rough but my sculpting skills are pretty basic. Besides, the black paint will cover it!

But that isn't the only cult to get a new recruit, as I also knocked together Goomba here. It's certainly a lot quicker when you just put them together like they are on the box:

WZiYlM.jpg

Ballsed up drilling the gun barrels though so I've had to plug up what became one elongated hole instead of two with green stuff. I'll drill 'em with a smaller bit tomorrow.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Yeah, that's how I used to do it but drilling them looks so much cooler. Plus, we need only look at Wile E Coyote to see that no good comes of painting pretend holes.
That is how you get run over by a train, you don't want to get run over by a train, do you?

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
I'm glad you posted this because I had another look and managed to get this to work by cutting most of the way through the right wrist, bending it back and then filling the gap. Fits pretty well now, though I had to take off some purity seals
I am glad that it helped - it looks much better now, and that bionic forearm looks proportional to the rest of the model (y)

Oh, and Frost looks particularly malicious.

Chaos Moomin

Ganger
Jun 30, 2018
UK
Yes, it's strange... inside the box was a mysterious document with pictures and numbers on. After a while I noticed that some of the things the numbers were next to were things in the box. Then I blacked out and when I came to it was built. 30 minutes had passed. I must've drank too much TRL-BRU or something.

Chaos Moomin

Ganger
Jun 30, 2018
UK
Okay.

First order of business, I took some new photos of those cultists on a neutral background, and have noticed it has a tendency to desaturate the colours. Well, I already knew it was desaturating the colours, because I've needed to resaturate them in Photoshop after taking the pictures previously, but I wasn't aware quite how much it was doing it until I compared this new picture of the genestealer cultist with the quick snap I took in the last post. Anyone else encountered this?

Here they are, anyway:

WkLchr.jpg
WkLUM7.jpg

In other news I've been playing around with another Iron Hand. I picked up a box of Titanicus scale knights a few months back, with an eye on using the legs in place of those Anvil Industries ones, and I like it a lot better (though still very WIP):

WJmFez.jpg
WJmUyT.jpg
WJmXRb.jpg
WJmb77.jpg

I still need to figure out how to attach the leg to the hip socket. I have an idea but I'll have to get the sketchbook and/or Photoshop out to see what it looks like.

I also need to smooth out a few of the leg details that give it away as coming from a smaller scale kit, give him a different bolter, some chest detailing, a few accessories, and a backpack aerial - this guy will be the squad's advanced comms and scanning dude.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
That AT leg is great. As for the join, why not just sculpt in the normal corrugated/ribbed material thats normally in between the joints?