Honzou

Mar 24, 2022
UK
Hi,

I am a massive Dwarf nerd and love the concept of Squats. I have found some amazing "Squat" models (https://www.capritorminiatures.com/products/space-dwarf-set-pack-of-6) and want to turn them into a Necromunda Gang for a campaign I am playing in.

Their background is that they are the survivors of a devastated Squat mining vessel, who's escape craft "landed" on Necromunda. Now they scratch out a living, using their knowledge of mining and military to trade and protect their holding (little more than a crashed escape vessel and what they have build around the crash site).

I have been advised to use either Venators or Orlock Affiliated Outcasts. I am quite new and not sure which to use. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. The max starting gang rating is 750.

Thanks in advance.

MrAndersson

Gang Hero
Sep 18, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
Definitely Venators. They have 4 different stat lines to choose from, and one of them looks like it's made for Squats (low movement, high toughness). Plus, Venators give you great flexibility when it comes to weapon selection.

Reactions: Honzou

Vonvilkee

Gang Hero
Jan 7, 2018
Bellingham, Washington USA
Venators will definitely let you pick stats and equipment to suit the models. It shines with lower number of higher quality fighters.

Outcasts would be if you want a real hero leader (or speciality delegation/core) and a bunch of filler/slave labor type models.

I'd go venators for those models.

Honzou

Mar 24, 2022
UK
Definitely Venators. They have 4 different stat lines to choose from, and one of them looks like it's made for Squats (low movement, high toughness). Plus, Venators give you great flexibility when it comes to weapon selection.
Thanks for the reply and insight.

Honzou

Mar 24, 2022
UK
Venators will definitely let you pick stats and equipment to suit the models. It shines with lower number of higher quality fighters.

Outcasts would be if you want a real hero leader (or speciality delegation/core) and a bunch of filler/slave labor type models.

I'd go venators for those models.
Thank you for the reply and reinforcing what has been said. I think I will certainly go the Venator route.

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Happened to see this while scrolling and I'll toss you some links because I was considering this myself

This line is amazing and in resin https://hardcore-miniatures.com/shop#w--ul-id-63-2/SPACE-DWARVES/c/101947235--w
This has some real gems (I like the Brokkrs booster pack and the artificers) but some are pvc https://www.manticgames.com/games/deadzone/forge-fathers/
Artel does a couple (I think) and their quality is some of the best https://artelw.com/Rogue-Skipper-Bjorn-Hagridsson-p456779204
I think there's another that I'm forgetting but I hope those are helpful.

bearda

Jan 27, 2022
I'm a big fan of this guy:

He's made a great Outcast champion for my gang.

• Love

Scabs

Gang Champion
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
OK, it is absolutely irresponsible to share this link for "amazing "Squat" models!"

Dammit! Now I want them! And, that means not only do I spend time printing them, but time painting them. Yes, I have every gang, but these would make hella cool Venators (the gang I don't have).

Dammit! Not even an hour ago, I spent the equivalent of 3 tanks of gas on the Ash Waste box.

But...I does love me some Squats. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
  • Haha

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
The only thing I would say is venators = bounty hunters. Sure they may have suitable stats to represent X but they have a bunch of rules that is based on them being bounty hunters. If that ties up with the fluff of X then great otherwise pick a gang that matches weapons etc and settle for counts as.

Nov 25, 2016
Esperance WA
Those are some of the best squat miniatures I have come across. I will need to add a couple of squads to my already bloated squat army.

Thanks for pointing those out old chap.

Currently working on a vermin army myself, using the Veer-myn from Mantic games. I got an entire army so they could be used for Necromunda - Ash Wastes - kill team or 40k.

• Wow