Stargrave (a.k.a. Frostgrave in spaaaaaace)

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Final total was just over £115,000.

I don't remember for sure what it was before the final update. £89,000 maybe? In any case, there was certainly a significant 'last minute rush'. We not only passed the last spend goal, but exceeded it by almost 50%.

I look forward now to receiving my order. I know I'm near the end of the queue, but not too bothered about that.

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
I Live, Again!!!
79AE2442-5519-4D8C-BECE-39BDF8A19635.jpeg

I’m In! but going to have to save some pocket money first, so won’t be riding the first wave!
Really enjoyed playing a bit frostgrave last year, so have high hopes for this!

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Just got my despatch notice. That was quicker than expected, since I didn't place my order until the 25th.

I'm hoping it arrives Saturday because, otherwise, it won't be before Tuesday (it's a bank holiday Monday).

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
No dispatch notice here, but I'm getting things not just outside the Nickstarter but also from one of the associated sellers instead of North Star, so expecting a wait for my package anyway.

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Does anyone have any unwanted cash? Share please
😄😋

Can I make a serious request tho:
While I wait for my copy, and asuming the scenarios are similar to frostgrave, Can a kind yak please write a list of objectives/terrain features needed? (I know you need six buildings, a small spaceship, and some vents from watching YouTube)

loving everything about this so far!

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I just went through the scenarios. Some of the things required include...

7 small buildings.
25 data columns.
About 64" of electrified fence (2" high).
A 'heavy wall' bisecting the table (with three doors).
Two rivers of lava (about 2" wide) in a rough X-shape (each running corner to opposite corner).

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Ay yai yai!!
Many thanks ben_s!
now....
what is a data column!?!?

you don’t have to answer, I think it’s probably just best if I buy the book!
but they are a bit demanding as far as terrain goes! 5ft of fence and 3/4ft of wall! And does it absolutely have to be lava? Could green toxic goo be an option?

Reactions: ClockworkOrange

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021
but they are a bit demanding as far as terrain goes! 5ft of fence and 3/4ft of wall! And does it absolutely have to be lava? Could green toxic goo be an option?
I unfortunately haven't had a chance to dive into the book for stargrave myself but I feel it's worth pointing out the company themselves seem to be very big on the you don't have to have exactly what we say for terrain. They are very big on using whatever you have on hand and while I understand most people want more than a set of wooden blocks I personally look at it as inspiration for things I'd want to build over a set of things that needs to be attained. I know I had issues with Rangers of Shadow Deep for example till I realized the difference between an orc and gnoll is pretty minimal stat wise and are easily swapped (if you say have 3 gnolls are 330 orcs like myself)

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
As above, whether things matter is very much up to you.

One scenario calls for a crashed spaceship in a swampy area. But would it really matter if you were using a crashed truck in a desert area? Or even a small building surrounded by temperate woodland? The basic idea is still retrieving loot.

As for data columns, I think the book said they could be represented by wooden blocks or paint pots.

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
Was wondering where my Nickstarter order was, so gave them a call this morning; it's now slated for delivery tomorrow.

I can give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm wondering whether my order slipped through the cracks and only got sorted because I made someone go and check why someone was ringing up about their order...

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I would have thought they were all out by now, but maybe some items ran out of stock or something. I had that happen the previous time I ordered from them, so ended up waiting a couple of weeks. If they have only just sent it, then it sounds like they at least upgraded the delivery to get it to you tomorrow.

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
When I rang them up they gave the reason (pretty quickly, so they must have had a couple to have a stock answer) as being because I had various things from affiliate sellers, not just North Star (Copplestone Casting etc), and it might have just been coincidence, but getting a dispatch notice saying it would be sent second class and a delivery email from the courier saying it would be tomorrow makes it a bit confusing.

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Even the Troll has got in on the act and bought a hard copy of the rules - I’m just going to use the stuff I already own model* and terrain wise and adapt the scenarios accordingly as per @Ben_S who knows if I get into it proper I might make specific things.

*Troll crew! Muhahahaha