Stargrave (a.k.a. Frostgrave in spaaaaaace)

Greyhart

Ganger
Oct 1, 2018
West Greenwich, RI
Got my stuff yesterday finally (my local mail service sucks on delivering packages in a timely manner).

I'm really liking Stargrave, Frostgrave, and RoSD. The two main reasons are their simplicity, and being "minis agnostic".

The ease of play is great for me as I'm at the point in my gaming life where I don't want to spend hours reading and trying to understand rules. I want to get models on the table and start rolling dice! The less time I have to devote to deciphering HOW to play gives me more time TO play. Plus I have more time to paint minis and terrain. Win - win for me.

Also the rules - at least to my friends and I - give off an old-school game vibe that all of us grognards can appreciate.

The "Use what you want/have" when it comes to models and terrain is just genius in my opinion. I do have many of the FG, RoSD and now SG "official" minis, but mainly because I like their interchangeability and again, simplicity.

Not to dive into The Sump, but I'm tired of chasing the GW hype, artificial scarcity, and exclusive attitude. If I'd have known about these games earlier I wouldn't have rabidly grabbed everything for Necromunda (I've been having serious buyers remorse lately).

The games are rapidly gaining popularity in my group of friends with everyone excitedly pulling out old, long forgotten, and dusty models to give them new life. I know I have, and I'm also starting to scratch build terrain again, something I haven't done since the days of Mordheim.

Honestly I think there needs to be more games like these, and game companies need to shift their paradigms along with.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Someone on FB asked whether there would be a Nickstarter for the first supplement (Quarantine 37) in September. I think it had already be announced that there wouldn't be any more Nickstarters, but this response gives some further details. It seems the metal figure range is to be launched around then, but no chance of more plastic kits that soon.

1625045174630.png

Reactions: Ardavion

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
Looking forward to them alongside Q37. I've got enough stuff from the Nickstarter to not need the female crews, or really anything else - yet - but picking up some characterful metal minis is not something I'd say no to.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I've got enough stuff from the Nickstarter to not need the female crews, or really anything else - yet

I find the delay slightly annoying, because I probably will get at least some female crew when they finally appear and I'd probably want to kitbash them a bit with the male ones that I already have. Still, I should have enough to save some.

Reactions: Ardavion