Stargrave (a.k.a. Frostgrave in spaaaaaace)

sykoholic

Gang Champion
Jun 1, 2017
Pensacola, FL USA
A nice shoulder pad would hide a lot of that

One of my own personal philosophies when it comes to minis: "All else fails, try shoulder pads".

Hmmm... that might even apply to the ovaeral question at hand.... @lordneg .... you are wanting to BadZone-ize your Palanite Enforcers, correct? Have you conisdered fitting them with Goliath or Orlock shoulder pads?

I have found my Victoria Miniatures kit pieces are very small too,

Yep.... but since they're are smaller, they mix with the smaller 28mm figures like Frost/Stargrave. In my first pic, the cultist guy on the far left is a Frostgrave Cultist with Victoria arms. They matched up perfectly. The guy next to him however, has a Victoria torso and legs but Anvil Industries arms. The arms are too big but the baggy clothing and the cloak help hide it.

I’d say any Cawdor, Escher and Delaque weapons from their sprues or extra kits (plastic or resin) could be used with smaller 3rd party miniatures. I imagine the reverse is possible too.

Sure but @lordneg is talking Palanite Enforecers here. Stargrave belt accessories and whatnot should be fine (albeit a tad smallish) but if he tries sticking Stargrave arms on Palanite Enforcers, that is just flat out NOT going to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: lordneg

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Sure but @lordneg is talking Palanite Enforecers here. Stargrave belt accessories and whatnot should be fine (albeit a tad smallish) but if he tries sticking Stargrave arms on Palanite Enforcers, that is just flat out NOT going to work.
Sometimes you’ve just got to accept that plug+play isn’t a given and youI’ll have to break out the hobby knife and putty.

I’m not sure of @lordneg’s abilities with converting, and TBH I hadn’t read those posts, just starting with yours. I’m not entirely sure what look they’re after for AW Enforcers, I’m guessing kinda ragged. Else you could just use the regular kit and paint it in a more wastes colour.

Looking at the mini I was sent for YakMas last year, it’s a conversion, with differing legs, arms and a backpack. I’m guessing that might be what was after?

If so, you’re really only aiming to retain the torso for the armoured look, so I guess you could alter it to accommodate any arms.

A lot of work, depends on how many you want to convert like that.

I dunno, for a few it might be fun but I’d probably find a way of making some kind of cape from wetwipes, add a backpack and leave most of them stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoof and lordneg

sykoholic

Gang Champion
Jun 1, 2017
Pensacola, FL USA
Sometimes you’ve just got to accept that plug+play isn’t a given and youI’ll have to break out the hobby knife and putty.

This requires talent/skill and the effort to do so. I am untalented and lazy so this presents an issue. ;)

I'm not saying converting Palanite Enforcers can't be done. I'm just saying it can't done with the kit @lordneg has chosen. Stargrave arms are going to be too short. The firing arm will not reach around/across the torso enough and as a result the support arm will not line up with (or even reach) the rifle, leaving a major gap between the wrist and the hand.

The torsos and legs of Palanite Enforcers can most definitely be kitbashed and/converted. Here we've got Enforcer legs, with Delaque torsos, GSC arms, and a mixture of heads:

lordneg

Ganger
Apr 7, 2021
Thanks guys for sharing and all the help. I am getting lots of ideas. I don’t have a very large bits box unfortunately. So I am trying to figure out what will work with what. I might just get the star grave guys and use them for hivescum. And get the GW hive scum to use for enforcers parts. I am also trying to save money so the GW stuff has to go as far as I can get it if I use it haha. Thanks

sykoholic

Gang Champion
Jun 1, 2017
Pensacola, FL USA
Grrr..... now you've all got me thinking what Orlock arms and weapons might look like on a Palanite Enforcer body. Maybe stick some Orlock shoulder pads on it, swap out that loin cloth flap thingy for a plated one, stick another plate over the chest (who the hell goes into a fire fight with a big bright dot in the middle of the chest of their body armor anyways?), maybe use a Van Saar respirator head.... GAH!!!!!!!! I don't need another kitbash project!!!!!

@lordneg I have a rather excessive bits box so if there is something in particular you need, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

lordneg

Ganger
Apr 7, 2021
Grrr..... now you've all got me thinking what Orlock arms and weapons might look like on a Palanite Enforcer body. Maybe stick some Orlock shoulder pads on it, swap out that loin cloth flap thingy for a plated one, stick another plate over the chest (who the hell goes into a fire fight with a big bright dot in the middle of the chest of their body armor anyways?), maybe use a Van Saar respirator head.... GAH!!!!!!!! I don't need another kitbash project!!!!!

@lordneg I have a rather excessive bits box so if there is something in particular you need, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
I am working on my badlands enforcers gang so yeah I have my brain working, so I need to brainstorm haha. Another guy plays or lock, but w bet he wants his bits haha. I do have some goliath from my gang.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I am also trying to save money so the GW stuff has to go as far as I can get it if I use it haha.

If you're trying to save money, then I'm not sure GW is the right way to go. These days, I mostly use kits from Northstar (*grave, Oathmark, etc) plus bits from other manufacturers. They're generally much more compatible with one another than GW kits, which is just one of the things that I like about them. I now have four Necro gangs (in progress) built this way.

lordneg

Ganger
Apr 7, 2021
If you're trying to save money, then I'm not sure GW is the right way to go. These days, I mostly use kits from Northstar (*grave, Oathmark, etc) plus bits from other manufacturers. They're generally much more compatible with one another than GW kits, which is just one of the things that I like about them. I now have four Necro gangs (in progress) built this way.
I agree GW does cost a pretty penny. That’s why I play necromunda :) less money IMO to get a gang on the table