NCE Starting an Orlock Gang advice needed.

Discussion in 'Gangs & Loadout' started by =][=SW1=][=, Feb 12, 2019.

1. =][=SW1=][=

=][=SW1=][= Gang Hero
    Honored Tribesman

So not played in 2 decades and trying to decide what direction to go in for my Orlocks. Any advice?

2. The69thJester

The69thJester New Member

Hey dude and welcome back. You will definatley enjoy the new and updated rules for Necromunda. Just recently started our first Dominion Campaign at our local gameclub, and it's awesome! I used Orlock in our last turf war and they are great fun to play with, and watching them grow as you build them into something cool.

I have read many things about advice on Orlock here at Yaktribe, and there is plenty of info and ideas to go around. It will depend on what you want to try and achieve, out of your ganeg, and whats required within the format. Also there can be big factors in the way of the other players gangs. I'm sure your aware that each has it's strengths and weaknesses. So dont be shy to check out your players meta.

Basic Orlock do tend towards more shooting, at the 1000 creds limit. Keeping it cheap and easy and simple, by Autogun spam, with A champion or leader with munitioneer, or Commanding presance to activate 4 guys at the same time. Fixer is also another easy way to churn out creds. With fixer the oppertunity to buy something more expensive, and put it to good use is more available to you, depending on gang requirements. Juves with flail and stub or autopistol, is good, or a pair of flails to assist and protect your leader or champs as bouncers or counter chargers.

My own first list had a leader and oe champion. Leader with Commanding presance and Fixer on champ. I spent the extra creds on additional ganger with sawn off, keepin a 4/5 ratio of Autoguns and sawn off's with two Juves with Flails and stub gun. After that it was about the additionol champ with Heavy stubber, and a (markson Champ with Ganger who both had Telescopic sights, hanging in the rear or advantage points to gain long range shots.

Combat shotgun is awesome for the range, but be carfull not to spam too many too early, as they are an expensive loss if dead and or camptured and left for the enemy to get them.

Plasma pistol chain sword Leader was the best I had, gaining plenty of exp with short range firepower, and fair close combat.

I would still take the time to read through other threads and posts within Yaktribe though, as it can be a case of ( Horses for courses )

Hope this helps.

3. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

A pretty standard group for ORB (and probably NCE too) is 10 guys (to avoid bottle tests) including a heavy with hvy stubber and at least two juvies (because of their quick advancement). if you're comfortable, you can make half the gang juvies.

=][=SW1=][= likes this.
  4. =][=SW1=][=

=][=SW1=][= Gang Hero
    Honored Tribesman

It may sound crazy but I'm tempted to try a missile launcher as I have the metal Catachan one and just need to add some gang rags or whatever you call the flap of material Orlocks have at the waist. Then keep it cheap and cheerful with as many gangers and juves as I can.

Punktaku likes this.
  5. The69thJester

The69thJester New Member

Nothing wrong with a missle launcher. I personally haven't used one yet in game. To me it seems a purchase for late game, and also only useful for particular targets and scenarios. Omho, might be better off with heavy stubbed or a pair of bangers with boltguns. Just a thought. Or take someone with a GL or plasma gun?

6. =][=SW1=][=

=][=SW1=][= Gang Hero
    Honored Tribesman

I was considering a 12 man gang. Thinking being if I have 10 or 12 it's the same income band. Would look at possibly arming with:

Leader - Autogun, Sword ... 170

Heavy - Missile Launcher ... 200

Ganged - Autogun ... 70
    Ganged - Autogun ... 70
    Ganged - Shotgun ... 70
    Ganged - Shotgun ... 70

Ganger - Autopistol ... 65
    Ganger - Autopistol ... 65

Juve - Autopistol ... 40
    Juve - Autopistol ... 40
    Juve - Stub Gun ... 35
    Juve - Stub Gun ... 35

Is that too light on equipment? There's 70 credits left if my maths is correct.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice