N18 Starting gangs for ZM

Fast shot looks good on paper, but a lot of the time you will be prevented from using it because you need to stand up or move to be able to shoot. Or reload. And you can't aim when you use fast shot.

Trick shot, on the other hand, is always active.

Good point.
In a situation where you can spend both actions on shooting, fast shot will beat trick shot, pretty much always. If you only have one action to shoot however, fast shot won't do you any good.
So the question is, how common is being able to spend both actions on shooting ? (I only have a couple skirmish games under my belt, my game experience is limited)

Good point.
In a situation where you can spend both actions on shooting, fast shot will beat trick shot, pretty much always. If you only have one action to shoot however, fast shot won't do you any good.
So the question is, how common is being able to spend both actions on shooting ? (I only have a couple skirmish games under my belt, my game experience is limited)

Partially depends on your terrain but I've found between pinning (and the associated hiding of the target), unpinning yourself and moving for los single powerful shots that hit are better than carpet bombing multi shot templates.

Even with being able to shoot twice your opponent will sooner than later figure out how to limit your multi shot opportunities. Taking a straight shot with a strong 2 or more damage gun using trick shot will be more useful.

Reactions: almic85
So the question is, how common is being able to spend both actions on shooting?
Normally, maybe half of a fighter's activations. But with fast shot, your opponent will probably take measures to mitigate its effect (pin the fast shot, move out of his LoS to force him to move, etc). With a decent opponent, you will probably not be able to use fast shot more than once or twice per game.

Savant has some useful skills in it. Munitioneer in particular, since you are using grenade launchers and boltguns.

The thing with unborn is that you get to choose skill sets for each fighter individually. So you could have one guy with savant skills and the rest of your gunline picking shooting.