Drag to reposition cover

Mordheim Starting with mordheim again /ALSO Yak-Comp. 30

Kommissar Shriken

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 21, 2016
Regensburg
Hello yakkers,

My local tabletop club has started a mordheim campaign and this was a great chance for me to go into the cellar dungeon of my parents and search for my old mordheim minis.

I found all my mercenaries, witchhunters and paper buildings.

So it was time to repaint a warband and get back to the city of the damned.

First step: new bases.
DSC-1216.jpg

Second: basecolours for a new coloursheme
The big bases are for the boss , juves and champions.
DSC-1219.jpg

And some fast highlights for the first games
(its a Reiklander gang)

DSC-1220.jpg

More will come.

Kommissar Shriken

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 21, 2016
Regensburg
I never played frostgrave is it nearly the same like mordheim (little gangs fighting in ruined houses?)

I have one update for you:

I started to make my own terrain. I kike the look of the paper mordheimhouse but need some more for a nice table.

So here are the structured plates for a new house.

Its a little bit bigger than the paper versions.

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
I know this building! - if you shoot the powder keg then crawl underneath, you will find a grimoire! :p

Your company are wearing the colours of Altdorf! Love ‘em! It used to be where my army was from before I moved to Stirland!

Can’t wait to see more!!

I never played frostgrave is it nearly the same like mordheim (little gangs fighting in ruined houses?)

I have one update for you:

I started to make my own terrain. I kike the look of the paper mordheimhouse but need some more for a nice table.

So here are the structured plates for a new house.

Its a little bit bigger than the paper versions.
Looking great so far. Im in the planning phase of a Mordheim able and I'll definitely be borrowing this idea.

Reactions: Kommissar Shriken

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
At that level of generality, I suppose so. Warbands of 10 or so models fighting in a ruined city. There are some major differences though. In FG, every band is made up of a wizard, usually with an apprentice, then nameless-grunt henchmen. And there are no rules for races so, while you can use whatever models you like (including dwarfs, orcs, skaven, etc) a thug is just a thug and an archer is just an archer. I'd recommend giving it a look though.

Kommissar Shriken

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 21, 2016
Regensburg
I know this building! - if you shoot the powder keg then crawl underneath, you will find a grimoire! :p

Your company are wearing the colours of Altdorf! Love ‘em! It used to be where my army was from before I moved to Stirland!

Can’t wait to see more!!
A grimoire book would be a great detail for the terrain. Thanks for the idea :LOL:(y)

I have to say i painted the colours because i like them in this combination, not looking that i hitted the perfect altdorf coloursheme.

And heres an update from the house...

DSC-1244-01.jpg

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Hahaha! i was going to ask how you did the vinework panel on the left side of the building, then i looked closer and realized it’s background, not part of the building

• Haha
Reactions: Kommissar Shriken

Kommissar Shriken

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 21, 2016
Regensburg
good morning!

while waiting for the next comp. i still work on some terrain.

do you know the paper set "blood on the streets"? in my youth i never had the money to buy it....
Mordheim-Blood-on-the-Streets-Rare-OOP-Games.jpg

so know i make my own version of this cool building. a little bit bigger and some little changes with my personal style...

IMG-20190908-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20190908-WA0018.jpg

stones, stones, so much stones!!!!

IMG-20190908-WA0022.jpg

Halbling

Gang Champion
Dec 28, 2015
Karlsruhe
Awesome, mordheim is such a cool game. Great to see that you give it a go again!

How did you do the bases for your reiklanders?

Kommissar Shriken

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 21, 2016
Regensburg
Awesome, mordheim is such a cool game. Great to see that you give it a go again!

How did you do the bases for your reiklanders?
thanks! i also like it very much. i miss a little bit the strategical variations like in necromunda, but its fantastic to be part of a player-group.

the bases are made exactly like the terrain buildings. simply scratched the stone structure into the material and drybrushed it.

And now I suppose it's even more unaffordable...
jeah, but I'm not sad about it, because i'm not a big fan of paper terrain. I'm more sad, that i never buyed a undead and chaos mordheim box...

Kommissar Shriken

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 21, 2016
Regensburg
hello yakkers,

little update: i orderer some mixed sprues from historical miniatures (perry and fireforge) ... i am a little bit dissapointed, that the arms and weapons
are so "thin" that they dont really fit with the GW miniatures... but body/torso and heads are quite fine for combine with gw. ok. the legs are a little bit smaller, but for henchman it will work....

i was looking for some cool crusader/knight miniatures to make a new mordheim gang (dont want to use the bretonians)... very sad, that i did not had luck with the scale.

here a scale comparsion pic. from left to right: GW Mordheim Captain, Perry Miniatures Foot Knight, Freeguild Empire Soldier/ Mordheim Henchman, FireForge Temple Crusader.

DSC-1295.png

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Hmm. There is a noticable difference in the hand size, true. It might prove somewhat visually jarring if they were in a mixed warband [some GW, some Perry], although hand-and-weapon swaps would take care of that. I think that on the table as one warband, when facing against another [GW model] warband, it would not seem too strange.

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Too late now, but I did some comparison shots on my plog:

hello yakkers,

little update: i orderer some mixed sprues from historical miniatures (perry and fireforge) ... i am a little bit dissapointed, that the arms and weapons
are so "thin" that they dont really fit with the GW miniatures... but body/torso and heads are quite fine for combine with gw. ok. the legs are a little bit smaller, but for henchman it will work....

i was looking for some cool crusader/knight miniatures to make a new mordheim gang (dont want to use the bretonians)... very sad, that i did not had luck with the scale.

here a scale comparsion pic. from left to right: GW Mordheim Captain, Perry Miniatures Foot Knight, Freeguild Empire Soldier/ Mordheim Henchman, FireForge Temple Crusader.

View attachment 94347
Depends on your preference, but I wouldn't combine parts from Mordheim Mercenaries or the current Empire State Troop parts with Perry Mercenaries or Wars of the Roses plastics. With some exceptions headswaps are fine, but putting GW arms on a Perry figure makes it look like gorilla.:LOL: This being said, I've seen some decent builds involving metal and plastic parts from the multi-part Perry produced Empire infantry of the late 90s and current Perry plastics - Gascon Crossbowmen. The Assault Group's Renaissance fit half-way between GW 5th/6th Edition figures, like Dogs of War, and the current Perry plastics. I don't mind using all three manufacturer's figures in a single unit of pikemen. I'll be equipping my 5th Edition Empire infantry with Assault Group sheathed katzbalger short swords. I plan on remounting my 40 Voland's Venators on Perry plastic horses and metal ones from Steel Fist. Steel Fist Miniatures' are tall, though their limns aren't heroic, but would look okay with Empire plastic parts: Tudor Dollies. WFD 30. Tudor dollies

Kommissar Shriken

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 21, 2016
Regensburg
the heads from perry and fireforge are good to use and combine with mercenaries and empire freeguild.

your right, that the combination from GW parts with the perry torso/legs or fireforge doesn't work. i have to think for other options. probably i will just combine fireforge and perry, that works good.

thanks for your tip!

Reactions: Aulenback

Kommissar Shriken

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 21, 2016
Regensburg
hello yakkers.

and thats the update of last night....

i will use the rules for middenheimer, because i'm not going to make dameons, obsessed and mutants...
just cool and strong guys to use all the minis in the warcry sprues...

this war cry mini is goling to be the boss of my chaos gang..... all warcry minis are barefooted. but a leader without shoes is a no go! :LOL:

DSC-12921216.jpg

DSC-12921217.jpg

second guy, was very fun to do... the dwarf... i gave him a cool sixpack and put him on a chest, to increase his height (will be used as hero)

DSC-12921215.jpg