Status of Yaktribe Mordheim roster

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
Hello!

Some of my gaming group friends have a strong urge to go for Mordheim road. I still haven't complete sold on the fact (but who knows ;) )

I was thinking is there any news on the Yaktribe mordheim roster tool?

Does anyone know good online roster tool designed for Mordheim? ;)

mantsa

Juve
Nov 27, 2013
Pirkkala, Finland
Is there anything that someone could do to speed up the Mordheim process? @Malo
I ain't no super-code-wizard but I'm familiar with interwebs and computers. If there's something I could help with, I would be clad to do it.

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
I'l get back to you. The table structure has been put in place and trying to work on some interface whilst I also try to get more of the Gorkamorka stuff done at the same time. Meanwhile it would be very helpful to start getting some data into csv/xls format for easy import into the database. Equipment is obviously one of the first things that needs to go in. Data entry for these games is one of the really tedious time consuming tasks, especially when there's so many linked tables.

Reactions: spafe and mantsa

mantsa

Juve
Nov 27, 2013
Pirkkala, Finland
I'l get back to you. The table structure has been put in place and trying to work on some interface whilst I also try to get more of the Gorkamorka stuff done at the same time. Meanwhile it would be very helpful to start getting some data into csv/xls format for easy import into the database. Equipment is obviously one of the first things that needs to go in. Data entry for these games is one of the really tedious time consuming tasks, especially when there's so many linked tables.
GREAT!
I would be happy to help. Can you give an example how I need to list the equipment?

Reactions: spafe

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
If theres an example I would also be happy to type stuff into excel from the book if it helps get mordh (and go-mo if you would like) up and running. And simple copy this stuff out is a level of computer interaction I can cope with :)

Reactions: Aulenback

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Here's a Google Spreadsheet with the template of the field I need

Mordheim Equipment List
  • Weapons sheet for all equipment that has range, str, dmg, save etc.
  • Equipment sheet for all other types of equipment that only needs cost and availability
  • Specials sheet is where you add all the specials for each type of weapon then reference them under the Weapons sheet via the dropdown
    • Don't create specials for the armor save modifiers since there is a column for that
    • Don't type in specials in the Weapons sheet, there must be a full table of specials separate from the weapons
    • Don't enter the same special twice, many weapons share the same specials
  • Lookups sheet simply used for the type dropdown

Reactions: spafe

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Depending on how busy work is this week you may have it done by tomorrow :)

@mantsa if you start at the front of the mord book, I'll start at equipment. Will post how far I get

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
@Malo I assume you don't want the variable bit of the cost put in right?

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Ahhh, I did not realize that worked like that :). Thank you for educating this simpleton! Will copy in my progress now

Edit: Equipment put in!

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I think @mantsa managed to make a fair dent into it! well done fella :)

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
All things that I could find in the vault I think are now up there (official only, not checked all the fan made/semi official stuff)... unless I've missed any sections. @mantsa , if you have any other resource do share :)

@Malo, do you have a spreadsheet for warband stats to be added? or trade/other things you need data inputted on?

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Gah! I was stupidly only looking at the oringal GW scans where they broke it up into 3 pdfs! *feels very stupid*

Will download that now and continue :)

Reactions: Aulenback