Status of Yaktribe Mordheim roster

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
I've actually built in the equipment table the variable cost data and fully intend to implement it soon. As well as update the necromunda tools with the same two button system and variable costs.

ineptmule

Gang Hero
Feb 17, 2011
Muswell Hill, UK
One thing I was wondering Malo, is there an input template that we could use to help enter warband data? Like a CSV template or something we can assist by filling out. There are still many official and unofficial Warbands that it would be cool to be supported.

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
The time consuming part is linking the relevant skill tables and equipment to the warbands and warriors. It's not the kind of thing that can be done in a spreadsheet.

They other major part is all the extra skill info which you've all done for me thankfully.

Just like necromunda, the only builtin warbands will be the official ones. Any others will need to be added by users once the custom tools are available.

Reactions: spafe

ineptmule

Gang Hero
Feb 17, 2011
Muswell Hill, UK
OK fair enough. Is there a way for custom skills to be added? I would guess not, if that's the time consuming part. That's the only aspect of customising Warbands that I don't see being possible with the same set of custom tools as the Necromunda gang builder.

Edit: Also, I just noticed that 'dead' warriors aren't removed from the Warband rating calculation.

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
When you say official how do you mean? in the v2 ruleset or some other more limiting criteria? because I think between me and Mantsa we've got everything equipment and skill wise from even the vaguly official ones that appeared in v2 of the rules.... are there many other warbands that arnt covered in there?

mantsa

Juve
Nov 27, 2013
Pirkkala, Finland
I can see all the things on the Mordheim equipment list but when creating a warrior I can't find the short bow for my goblins anywhere, there's only Crossbow and Bow selections in the Missile-section, do I need to enable something first? or am I doing something wrong?

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
They should be an official one in the sense that they were officially released by GW (along with osterland, and some other human varients), although whether Malo adds them or not/can easily find them is another matter

ineptmule

Gang Hero
Feb 17, 2011
Muswell Hill, UK
Hey @Malo, I have just been updating my warband roster from the last week's games. I've noticed that the XP progression isn't quite right. For example, I have a number of Henchmen who have gained their 2nd Experience Point, which is enough to give them an advance.

The progression points for Henchmen should be as follows:
2 - 5 - 9 - 14

The progression points for Heroes are quite different, and having just tested it I can see that this is not working wholly correctly either. The progression points for Heroes should be:
2 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 11 - 14 - 17 - 20 - 24 - 28 - 32 - 36 - 41 - 46 - 51 - 57 - 63 - 69 - 76 - 83 - 90

I just created a 0 XP hero and added points incrementally. The first advance credited by the roster was at 4 XP. An advance was credited correctly at 6 XP and indeed correctly for each advancement point up to 36 at which point I stopped the experiment.

I also created a test 0XP henchman who was not credited at 2, but was correctly credited at 5 and 9. Interestingly they also didn't get credited at 14, and I checked by adding 15 (which is beyond the Henchmen experience cap) at which point they got the advance.

So basically it seems the issue is that the 2 XP advance is not credited either for Henchmen or Heroes, and that the final Henchmen advance point is too high by 1.

If a player has the paper advance chart to hand they can compensate for this and the way that advances are calculated when the progression points are hit means that in the long run it will come out in the wash, but for newer players or for people who are seeking not to rely on paper printouts or other PDFs as it is quite possible to do for Necromunda when using the gang management tool, I feel this is a bit of an issue.

Last edited:

ineptmule

Gang Hero
Feb 17, 2011
Muswell Hill, UK
Additionally @Malo I'm not sure if you saw my edit to a post above, but I've found that warriors marked as 'Dead' are not removed from the Warband Rating calculation step that multiplies number of warriors by 5.

Dragonicus

Jan 17, 2013
Hello,
1) awesome job with the work on the Mordheim roster, is there anything I can do to help other than post bugs. Please note absolutely no skill with programming but happy to do data to entry...
2) bugs - how do you want them reporting, is its worth creating a "ranked bug list" so people can check it before submitting on?
A) no way to group "henchman" into groups with all the intendant complexity therein (Xp upgrades, Warband rating etc)
B) certain henchman are only allowed certain weapons but in mercenaries I appear able to add any to any - including heroes

Thanks again for the good job

Regards

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Updates today
  • Issue with Advance calculations has been fixed for Heroes and Henchmen
  • A few display bugs fixed
  • Carnival of Chaos warband added
  • Kislevites warband added
Updates coming this week
  • Averland Merenaries
  • Ostlanders
  • Beastmen Raiders
  • Beastmen Treasure Hunters
  • Rare item variance will be added and roll automatically
@Dragonicus I will be working on the grouping soon as that's a fairly important part of advancement and will be coming with the battle logging for Mordheim. And equipment is restricted per-warband and not per warrior-type. You're required to use the rulebooks to determine what you can buy.