Necromunda Stoof's Project Thread

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Although not strictly Necromunda related, these have been used in games either as terrain, arbiter vehicles or just for fun vehicles. Again, all made years ago.

Lightly converted sentinel (twin autocannon):
full.jpg

Heavy Sentinel:
full.jpg

SUPER Heavy Sentinel (Can you tell I have a soft spot for walkers yet?):
full.jpg

"Our ticket out of the Underhive! If only we knew a Pilot. And a tech priest. And it wasn't sealed in a partially collapsed dome.":
full.jpg

Last edited:

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Trolling
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Nice I'm deciding on my next projects at the mo, I'm weird like that I only do 1 or 2 at a time, finish them and then move on.......anyhow I digress. I've always wanted one of the forgeworld cargo lifter walkers and I think you've just pursuaded me!

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
You know you want more walkers. Everyone needs walkers. I keep eyeing up those Imperial Knight psudo-titan things every time I walk past GW. One day my bank balance will be strong, my willpower will be weak, and my wife will be angry shortly thereafter.

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
What do you definitely need to do when you're supposed to be working on your competition entry? That's right! Start three other projects!

First up, I decided a 1953 Cadillac Eldorado would make a sweet ride for my Escher gang. I must sincerely apologise to anyone who collects vintage Dinky cars - In my defence, it was certified pre-shafted before I began. Here it is pre- and post-stripping. The 60+ year old enamel paint job applied by a kid who's probably retired by now was a bitch to get off. As you can see, these old Dinky cars are a pretty close scale match to 28mm Heroic - It would look silly beside a Leman Russ battle tank, but beside a mini it looks fine and as a piece of terrain on a Necromunda board I think it'll fit right in.

It'll be getting a rusty-but-functional paintjob soon - there's actually a reasonable amount of detail there for a 1950's die cast, and I don't think I'll do that much in the way of converting it beyond possibly an armoured windscreen.

Secondly, I got my hands on a figure I've been after for years, and I didn't pay way over the odds for it - the much coveted Escher heavy plasma gunner. Finally, I wanted a Ratskin scout for my Escher gang, and there was a Ratskin leader with a missing arm on ebay, so I went for it. Our hearts and prayers go out to the brave Catachan soldier who literally gave his right arm so that the Ratskin may fight again.

I had to do quite a bit of filing to get it to match up, but it's not a bad fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Compettion entry... finished! Maybe. Until I spot something on the photos that annoys me. I'll wait a bit before posting it to the competition thread just in case I see a glaring problem. Overall I'm pretty pleased with how she turned out.

It's not meant to be a terribly out of focus cleavage shot, it's to show a bit of base detail. Honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Sometimes all you want to do is something tiny that may never be noticed:

full.jpg

"Mags, are you sure that was a real Ratskin who sold you this map?"
"He was wearing a dead rat Liz. As a hat. Doesn't get more Ratskin than that."
"Was he drunk?"
"Couldn't tell."
"Were you drunk?"
"Nah, 'course not, you know me!"
"Ellie said she saw you talking to the illuminator switch."
"I may have lightly partaken of beverages."
"Helmawr wept. How much did it cost us."
"Funny story! He decided how much to charge us by rolling a dice of all things! Anyway, it came up a six, and... why are you holding the spanner? Is the car knacked? Hey now, no need to..."
*fdung*

Attachments

Last edited: