Necromunda Stoof's Project Thread

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
@Punktaku - It might now be Somewhere near @CaptainDangerous' Abode™ in August - you can add that to your list instead ;)

I managed to grab a few minutes last night to assemble the Orrus-a-like and greenstuff on the wrist bits ready for some little gun barrels to be mounted on both him and the Yeld. His head is just greenstuff with a Goliath face I thought was quite Orussy.

full

I can't decide what to do to differentiate the Malcadon bike beyond adding extra fins and points. To cut a front vent or not? To trim the wings or not? I can't make up my mind. Perhaps mounting the guns differently will be enough.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
maybe have the malcadon guns on the sides of the nose cone or slightly underslung? then the jakara could have theirs coming straight out of the nose cone or completely underslung? that way they all have different weapon configurations on similar bodies.

extra blades would help make the differences more noticeable too. but so would adding extra soulgems to represent all the pods on the malcadon’s back. then the blades could be used by the jakara to represent their swords?

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I got nothing... other than that the Malcadon should have more small blades and the Jakara should have less and they should be bigger.. and also have some kinda shielding.

Reactions: Stoof

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Please excuse the pic-heavy post, I'm just so chuffed with these :LOL:

@Punktaku - The same weapon pod as the Yeld looks like it should be easy enough to cut in half and I am planning to mount the halves either on the sides of the nose cone or very near the edges on top depending on how each option looks.
@cainex1 - I have an idea for a spare N17 Van Saar shield for the Jakara.
@Azzabat - I know what you mean about the wings and did try it, but they looked daft to me.

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
They really are excellent and evoke the oldschool style too. My Yeld is/was (painted it MANY years ago) very meh and yours is just a lot sharper. My Jakara is... not great.. I did like my Orrus (it was the first time I got a wash to work, I'm still proud of that) and I never finished the Malcadon.
And for the Malcbike, maybe work up 2 webgun turrets and place then in or near the tip? The GSC acolytes kit has at least 1 maybe 2 and a bunch of other worthwhile stuff.

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
I was aiming for a classic bold colour scheme and I'm happy how they turned out. Even the Orrus, whose scheme I was unsure about throughout, has ended up looking good to me.

Of them I can't really pick a favourite. The colour scheme I like most is the orange/purple/blue like @Draconic, but I think they all came out equally well in the end.

Something I only just realised today is, apart from the drybrushing, I painted them all with the same size 1 brush from block colours to eyeballs. I don't think I've ever done that before, being a bit of a serial brush-swapper from big number 2s and 3s and teeny little one or two hair things. Perhaps I'm getting lazy in my old age :LOL:

I haven't made any more progress on the bikes, it being nice weather I've been running around with the yaklet all weekend and utterly exhausted in the evenings.

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Some progress made last night with the Malcadon bike. Spiky!

full

full

I need to do something to create a more muzzle-like appearance for the web spinners and trim the gems off them. I don't happen to have any kits that include web guns, so I'll see about making my own at some point. I also need to decide whether I'm greenstuffing the Malcadon's head or making a cast for one - If I'm making a cast I could cast the muzzles of a couple of classic flamers as well as web gun sprayers.

The assembled flight so far:
full

Next up, the Harlequin Skyweaver re-imagined as the ride for the remaining Malcadon and the Jakara. That kit looks less easy to simply flip the nose of, but it should still be doable. It will have a shield for the Jakara tied into it somewhere (probably as a windshield) and I'm leaning towards something more serious on the armament front for a larger vehicle - a lascannon or perhaps twin autocannons.

Last edited:

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Definitely liking the direction. For the minigun, are you going to make some kind of ejection port?

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Definitely liking the direction. For the minigun, are you going to make some kind of ejection port?
Yes, I plan to make one from plasticard where the vents are on one side and potentially an ammo feed coming up from the other side - I figured if I tucked it under the edge it wouldn't need to be long and my sculpting skills would manage it.

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I think you could go with or without on the feed (I just figured mine was internal to my Orrus' gloves) and look fine, IMO but you do need the port as long as it isn't an energy weapon... or German space magic.