Strata Miniatures - Cool bits and suchlike

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
And the best part!
Techno-rats, these guys are perfect for the underhive.
1560982490.jpg

Since then the line expanded to silly heads
1557550350.jpg

Primaris bike upgrades
1557551501.jpg

And range rulers (in more styles than this)
1557464872.jpg

Everything is available in STL for all you wily home printers and the prices are otherwise fair.
So, I promised to make the thread but I'm hoping I can convince him to come join us and run it.
Lets cross our fingers.
But that aside, I was tasked with procuring ideas for more products that you guys would like.
Underhivey critters come to my mind first and the rats show the skill is there. So anyone got any more ideas?

Strata Miniatures

Aug 2, 2020
strataminiatures.com
Hi All,

Thanks for the shout out. We expanded our offering based on our first project and now have a much bigger capability for delivering a wider range of services.

Anything from custom tokens and miniatures through to printing and delivering.

If you have any neat ideas or collectively want something made and designed I'd be more than happy to hear and have a chat about it.

Lee

Blood Donor

Hive Dweller
Tribe Council
Aug 23, 2011
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
yaktribe.games
The Ratmen stuff looks awesome! :cool::) There is definitely a need for good bits to turn a rank and file unit into a skirmish warband, so the plethora of good arms and weapons and heads to kick up an already great and affordable boxed set is sweet. Would be cool to see some warpstone pistols and blunderbusses, loot sacks and some cook bits to give a clan warband a cook character, that would be cool. And then the ratwolves and techno rats are a dream; could be used in so many different game systems and scenarios and just overall badass. Can be attack pets for Ratskin Renegades, wild game in the underhive that gangs are trying to coral and capture in a scenario, or when a gang realize they've stumbled into a collapsed dome being used by Spyrers as a game safari there is the option to tap into Predators with the rag tag motley crue band of gunslinging action heroes not being the only prey being hunted... :cool:

The ratwolves are super cool for that: being a feral option that any warband or gang or questing party or guild could come across in a scenario almost lets you forget that they are great for any Ratmen or Skaven collection. But yeah, I now plan to get them for my Ratskins 🤓😎😊

Strata Miniatures

Aug 2, 2020
strataminiatures.com
We actually have techno blow pipes and warp pistols ready for the next pre-release for the ratmen, I will sneak a pic up later for you. We also have whip arms and prodders if you want to prod some slaves along. I think by mixing in the rifles, pistols gasmasks and pistols you'd make a unique set.

If there are any areas you are collectively missing models for I'm happy to look at making either parts, whole models or objectives for.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Do you have pictures of the kind of vehicles you will need?
Think Wargames Exclusive meets Mad Max.. or future 50s cars.
Any car design is going to be an iterative process and I feel like the Imperial aesthetic would fall to 50s/early 60s (ala big American, fast European, small Japanese, etc) and they're all going to be pretty archetypal.
Like this breathtaking 1962 Lamborghini!
11127753.jpg

Only half joking, that is a beautiful and iconic tractor that would look amazing in the underhive.
But that's all the input I have at the moment aside from the other one, we can always use more critters. From xeno birds to cybercats.

Unslain

Gang Champion
Nov 29, 2014
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
What I'd love to see for vehicles would be a design allowing for a mix and match construction; a chassis bed that could work either way around, separate engine blocks (and/or techno-arcane power sources), wheels in a variety of sizes and styles, options for single or double seating, two or three roll cage designs, gunnery mounts/positions that look like they could be repurposed industrial equipment (swing arms, seats on cherry-picker style mechanisms, that sort of thing), and bodywork plates that look beaten or scavenged without looking ork-like.
No idea how viable that sort of thing would be financially though, I just got a bit carried away wish-listing. It's the sort of thing I'd hoped the latest ork vehicle kits would have been. The vehicle kit offerings I find online tend toward large blocks of resin with a couple of sockets for weapon/gear options, when what I really want is a frame that can be modified easily so that each one can be made to look very different.

As to critters, mutant rats would be very welcome, I think; too many legs, multiple tails, tusks, frills/dorsal sails/spines, fleshy fronds, extra eyes, that sort of thing. Just one mutation per rat would probably be enough.

Beasties based on enlarged insects and other vermin too would be cool. Centipedes with dragonfly wings, cockroaches with scorpion tails (and possibly earwig pincers rather than a stinger) - things like that would certainly fit with the underhive but could be used in other settings for alien worlds or fantasy realms too.