No permission to download

Blood Donor

Executive Officer in Charge of the 2014 Bake Sale
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
Golden, British Columbia, Canada
Blood Donor submitted a new resource:

Streamlined Necromunda Vehicle Rules - Fast and simple rules for turning Ash Wastes or Underhive gaming into vehicular madness.

Streamlined Necromunda Vehicle Rules offer easy to follow rules for designing and using vehicles in either the more vast expanses of the Ash Wastes or in scenarios within the depths of the Underhive.

A tailored mash-up of the Ash Waste/ Gorkamorka vehicle rules and the Simplified Vehicle Rules written by YakTribe member jimjimjimmyjim, the SNVR cleanly provides simple rules for giving your gang some transportation in a very easy to follow format, complete with a reference page of Vehicle...
Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Yak Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
They seem pretty cool, I'm thinking about adding these rules to our campaign. I just imagine two gangers on bikes zipping past shooting up people and stealing loot counters. @jelte1

Reactions: Blood Donor

Blood Donor

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
If you get a good playtest of them, @Tulkas, I would be really keen to either: a) Get some constructive criticism if they are still broken, or b) Have you put up a review if they seem to play well.

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Yak Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
I will mate but don't hold your breath waiting, ok? I have no idea when this will happen. Might make a new gang completely to include a small vehicle.

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Yak Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Quick question: what stopped you from Carbon copying the Gorkamorka rules?

Also, why no small tracked vehicles? If I wanted to convert up a bike with tracks for wheels, shouldn't there be an option for it? I'm just thinking of a "cover all bases" thing.

Blood Donor

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
I was trying hard to make a push to keep it a smaller document. And through a bunch of discussions with jimjim I really liked certain aspects of his rules set for vehicles, but wanted it to be more custom creations.

Blood Donor

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
Blood Donor updated Streamlined Necromunda Vehicle Rules with a new update entry:

Streamlined Necromunda Vehicle Rules v.1.1

After thinking about what @Tulkas had mentioned about Tracked Small vehicles in the discussion part of this thread, I decided that any thematics of not including them were quickly outweighed by not limiting a player's vehicle creations. Pretty simple change with this update: Small vehicles now have Tracked as an option for their propulsion system.
Read the rest of this update entry...

Blood Donor

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011

TakUnderhand

Gang Hero
Dec 28, 2014
Devon, UK
Could someone confirm which of the armour options tables is correct please? The one in the appendix states light armour damage is "as vehicle", while earlier, in the "taking damage" section, it's listed as "as vehicle +1".

Also applies to medium and heavy armour (i.e. the damage is one different in the two tables).

Thanks!

Blood Donor

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
Could someone confirm which of the armour options tables is correct please? The one in the appendix states light armour damage is "as vehicle", while earlier, in the "taking damage" section, it's listed as "as vehicle +1".

Also applies to medium and heavy armour (i.e. the damage is one different in the two tables).

Thanks!
Shoot, that's my bad, thanks for catching that @TakUnderhand (y)

It looks as though the columns for Tougness and Damage got swapped around during the copy and pasting process of getting the charts in there. I will have a better look at it today, get it sorted out, and get an update posted. Good catch :)

Reactions: TakUnderhand

Blood Donor

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011

Blood Donor

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
Thank you! I was hoping it would be that way around :)
Yeah if the Toughness values were ramped up like that than it would be impossible to crack into the thing, the idea is that hurting it is feasible but you have to smack it a few times before it goes down. I think this is the better way to design larger targets, more akin to a Toughness 4 Wounds 3 ganger than a Toughness 6 Wounds 1 ganger.

Reactions: TakUnderhand

Blood Donor

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
Blood Donor updated Streamlined Necromunda Vehicle Rules with a new update entry:

Streamlined Necromunda Vehicle Rules v1.5

A host of changes with the help of @Kon-rad doing some editing including:
  • Pinning clarifications
  • Needle Weapon/ Web Pistol/ Gas Grenade effects
  • Wheeled and Tracked number of turns
  • Costs for Loot Carriers
  • Close Combat rules clarifications
  • Use of Mounted Weapons based on ganger class clarification
  • Falling Damage clarification
Read the rest of this update entry...

hreikin

Gang Hero
Feb 23, 2015
Rotherham
www.codingpen.co.uk
in light vehicles you note that combat arms are walkers only, but not in medium/large vehicles, is this intentional or not ?

i only ask because if they are walkers only then the trailer i made with a wrecking ball is useless unless theres another item/option im not seeing :D

Reactions: trollmeat

Blood Donor

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
@hreikin, the trailer would increase your bike into the Medium class, wouldn't it? Yeah, it was intentional to keep it that way, but maybe a change could be made. Motorcycles with flailing buzzsaw arms sounds kinda cool...

Reactions: trollmeat